WANTED Iron Pyrite or Marcasite nodule.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Mar 15, 2011
on the heather
EDIT Now Sorted out with Some Pyrite, not one but two offers :)) Cheers Samon & Fishfish, BCUK :You_Rock_

Hi there, as above, I'm looking for some Iron Pyrite or Marcasite nodules about the size of a hens egg for a primitive fire kit, I haven't got a clue what to trade it for :confused:, at the moment most of my stuff is either in storage or packed away for a move in the near future.
What I do have lying around here right now is, and I will add stuff to this list as I find it, also lots of Birch around here if anyone needs some fruits of the forest, horses hoof fungi etc.

10 Tinder Quick Fire tabs US issue.
Kevlar Orange Laser line 200lb maybe 20-30ft.
2 plastic Paracord bracelet buckles with hidden handcuff key.
2 large Horses hoof fungi.

I'm also on the lookout for some Brass 223 cases to make some slow match cases if anyone wants one of the items listed above. Cheers...

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2011
on the heather
A bit of a drive then! Oh well :)
Just a quick 1200 mile round trip then:). I'm closer to the Arctic Circle, than Tropical Hampshire, If there's ever anything you need from up here in the sticks, like fresh snow ;), just PM me and if I can find it for you, Ill post it down. Cheers for trying anyway, all the best and welcome to the forum and good luck with the PhD Cory.

Last edited:

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
I'm also on the lookout for some Brass 223 cases to make some slow match cases if anyone wants one of the items listed above. Cheers...

You could try Aberdeen fullbore rifle club. If they aren't boxer primers they'll most likely chuck them away because berdan primed a mare to reload (and crap) and if not they'll sell you a bag of brass for next to nothing I would imagine.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2011
on the heather
You could try Aberdeen fullbore rifle club. If they aren't boxer primers they'll most likely chuck them away because berdan primed a mare to reload (and crap) and if not they'll sell you a bag of brass for next to nothing I would imagine.
Cheers Mick
I used to shoot at the Waulkmill HFT course New Deer, along time ago now, but you never know, I might get through that way again sometime.
I can get 5.56 stuff of the range here, but I don't think the NATO stuff would polish up well enough, but I could be wrong. Cheers

Last edited:

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Cheers Mick
I used to shoot at the Waulkmill HFT course New Deer, along time ago now, but you never know, I might get through that way again sometime.
I can get 5.56 stuff of the range here, but I don't think the NATO stuff would polish up well enough, but I could be wrong. Cheers

NATO stuff polishes up no problem at all :) even their cheap ball is half reasonable quality. Bit of tcut and they're good as new

Mar 15, 2011
on the heather
Cool, Ill give that a blast, It never even occurred to me to try it polishing it, I always assumed the dull tarnish on the case was something NATO's manufacturer added to the brass mix to reduce the shine. Nice one Mick Cheers.

Mar 15, 2011
on the heather
Added a couple o bits to the trade list.

10 Tinder Quick Fire tabs US issue.
Kevlar Orange Laser line 200lb maybe 20-30ft.
2 plastic Paracord bracelet buckles with hidden handcuff key.
2 large Horses hoof fungi.
Will add more to the list as I find It.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2011
on the heather
A BIG thanks to XXXXX for the flint, Cheers Bro.
Now I'm just missing that vital spark, Iron Pyrite , I've done a fair bit o research on the stuff, but as yet I cant find a local source, the occurrence would seem to be predominantly in association with Jurassic shallow seas down south, So to save me a very long walk for a rock , Ill try a big bump, Iron Pyrite, :)) anyone got some to trade?.

Last edited:

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Yo, I have a big bag of marcasite nodules and high quality flint I sourced from a local beach and the forest in Southhampton.

I can send you some if you give me your address! :)

Mar 15, 2011
on the heather
I would be delighted if you could, any thing from the short list above you could use or anything from up here in the sticks I could send you in return, you are more than welcome.
PM sent.

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Pm me your address mate I'll root for some bits for ya. Sorry for any delay I'm often bound to my crummy phone which doesn't do pm opening that well..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE