Wanted WANTED - Hunters, fishers and foragers in Wales - Towards a social narrative of Mesolithic lifeways

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Does anyone have a copy of this book they are prepared to part with please?

Hunters, fishers and foragers in Wales​

I can't justify the new price at the moment (too many other references I am going through) but I can't find a second hand copy anywhere :(

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
  • Love
Reactions: Toddy

henchy3rd

Settler
Apr 16, 2012
Derby

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
This is just facilitating, makes one wonder how many more books/articles there are out there we have never heard off.

In terms of publications, loads I suspect. The books are accessible but we have to search for them - I came across the one in the opening post by accident diving down a rabbit hole as Toddy describes. I've also just got hold of a copy of Late Stone Age Hunters of the British Isles by Christopher Smith which goes in to the maths about tribe size, distances, animal numbers etc. As you say, fascinating.

But the academic papers are much harder to trace and difficult to get hold of a lot of the time unless you get to the conferences or you are a member of the organisation that runs them.

There is now a new debate (relatively new) about the extent of total forest cover of the British Isles - relevant to my own 'rewilding' projects. All these studies of the Mesolithic feed into that for me :)

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
But the academic papers are much harder to trace and difficult to get hold of a lot of the time unless you get to the conferences or you are a member of the organisation that runs them.
Duck does lose to Google quite often, if I really need a result I use many search engines or one of the meta ones, if I remember correctly putting a small "g" in front takes Duck to Google. Google scholar should be used for any research of articles or books.

There is something called "Academia edu" that keeps sending me articles about subjects I was once interested about.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Oh - the Smith book looks interesting, please give a book report when you have had a look :)
The other title - though interesting- covered a lot of stuff outside my main interests ...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE