WANTED! Got a list here....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodmunky

Forager
Oct 3, 2006
Surrey
Ok... so i'm after some stuff to update my kit :rolleyes: on a budget, any suggestions on the cheapest way of finding them are welcome :D

1. Petzl Tikka XP - Depending on how long til the next group buy is :)
2. Folding saw - Should have one soon!
3. 3m x 2.4m Camo Tarp FOUND
4. Wire saw (with straps) FOUND
5. Crook "Spoon" knife - double edged pref.FOUND
6. Turboflame lighter FOUND
7. Empty cartridge shells (to make matches case!) FOUND

Hunter_zero

Nomad
Jun 25, 2006
Wales
woodmunky said:
Ok... so i'm after some stuff to update my kit :rolleyes: on a budget, so anyone has any of the following they wish to sell... please pm me and we'll do a deal :)

1. Petzl Tikka XP
2. Folding saw
3. 3m x 2.4m Camo Tarp
4. Wire saw (with straps) FOUND
5. Crook "Spoon" knife - double edged pref.
6. Turboflame lighter
7. Empty cartridge shells (to make matches case!)

Well I have 1000's of empty shell cases.

John

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I got a folding saw from my local Wilkinson's (own brand), only £3 with locking blade and to be honest, its worked very well. I've cut a lot of wood with it, and its fine :) If your on a budget its worth a look at

P

Phantom

to get a turboflame lughter just nip down to ur local caping shop i'm sure they'll have one.

phantom :AR15firin

p.s. they're not that expensive either

jamie6754

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 22, 2006
Bergen germany 29303
woodmunky i have a spare ripped current british army issue (woodland cam) tarp/poncho , i will go to the equipment store and exchange it for a brand new one. i will measure mine now and check if its 3m x 2.4m.

woodmunky

Forager
Oct 3, 2006
Surrey
Gonna have a look in my local Wilko this week :) if not amazon certainly is a surprising result!

My local Army store had a few Turboflames in this wknd :) got one now!

Thanks for the PM jamie, have messaged you back!

woodmunky

Forager
Oct 3, 2006
Surrey
penvisser said:
Look at this:

http://www.tornakbushcraft.nl/guts.htm

there a two sizes, 14,95 euro = about 10 pounds.

I don't know the shipping costs to the UK.

Very nice people and they give very interesting courses. I have bin to Finland in september with them.

Good luck,

Jan
Penvisser, ur a star! Excellent find :)
:You_Rock_

trying hard to order one now.... anyone speak swedish/norweigen??? trying to work out the final price... can anyone help? :confused:

woodmunky

Forager
Oct 3, 2006
Surrey
Grote radius [rechts op de foto][graag aangeven op bestellijst]
Kleine radius [links op de foto][graag aangeven op bestellijst]

These are the two different types... any ideas anyone :)

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
woodmunky said:
Grote radius [rechts op de foto][graag aangeven op bestellijst]
Kleine radius [links op de foto][graag aangeven op bestellijst]

These are the two different types... any ideas anyone :)

It's similar to german funnily enough, Large Radius (Right of the photo) and Small Radius (left of the photo) at a guess. Not too sure what the second bracketed bit is though!!

woodmunky

Forager
Oct 3, 2006
Surrey
Thats all i need to know :) thanks for that, i'm all clear for ordering now!

honestly... is there anything i can't get an answer to on here lol

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I'm sure somebody will be able to give you 100% translation, I am just guessing but it looks so similar to german that it has to mean the same thing. Which one are you gonna go for?

woodmunky

Forager
Oct 3, 2006
Surrey
actually thats a very good question... wanted to make spoon, fork and most eagerly looking forward to trying a Kuska (kuksa?)... any advice?

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I have a Frosts spoon knife, but I find I don't use any of the pointy end of the hook. It is basically redundant in my opinion. I'd go for the tighter radius though, as you will be able to carve tighter turns if you want, I would imagine the larger radius may make tight turns in wood more difficult to carve. You may need tighter turns at the bottom of the kuksa bowl.

woodmunky said:
Penvisser, ur a star! Excellent find :)
:You_Rock_

trying hard to order one now.... anyone speak swedish/norweigen??? trying to work out the final price... can anyone help? :confused:

Many thanks for your nice words....!

The language is Dutch, not Norwegian. As I live in the Netherlands, I was born there 35 years ago, I can translate everything for you.

I also now the people of Tornak very well, I have no part in their business, so I can give you all the help you need.

Penvisser

I made a kuksa myself with the small radius type.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE