WANTED: Compass Watch - Protrek etc

WilliamEd

Sep 3, 2007
Yorkshire
Hi, I am wanting a compass watch like a Casio Protrek or Suunto. Ideally it will also have a barometer and altimeter............... also if it tells the time, that would be great too!!!

I have lots to swap and can add cash if needed.

Thanks

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Hi

I have a protrek and quite frankly the compass is pretty much pants - cant speak for the suunto. The barometer works fine as far as it goes but the altimeter, bieng barometric is only really good for short term comparison ie vertical distance climbed over an hour or so. The true altitude reading is variable due to the current pressure at the time - and it is a pretty big variation that you can find.
I wouldnt spen too much money or time on these features, a good gps (like the one that came with my nokia 6110 navigator phone) is much more reliable and accurate for true altitude reference using fixed orbit satellite positioning etc.
The self charging battery. tilt sensitive light, alarms, time zones etc are a lot more useful in the real world though.
Hope that helps

Cheers
Nick

Tonedef

Tenderfoot
Dec 23, 2007
Stockport
As NickG said, dont put to much time into those features.

I have a Tissot Touch, and the amount of calibration it needs, makes it pretty useless for anything more than a gimick.
Compass isn't to bad as a NESW guide, bar and alt and thermo features are pointless.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE