WANTED Bows, arrows

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
My scout troop are looking for bows and arrows of all types (my wife is training as the Archery coach)

And to cut down on costs I would ask here if anyone has archery kit to trade (Possibly sell)

We also need a bow for my wife to use

Anything considered

Regards

Pignut

fishy1

Banned
Nov 29, 2007
sneck
It depends on what you're looking for, but I was messing about with bamboo, just a quick job with nylon cord and one piece of cane, about 4' long, and I was easily able to hit rabbit sized targets at 10 yards straight away. If you did a good job of these, you could have some good bows for less than a pound each. With a few pieces of bamboo, you could make an excellent bow quite capable of taking anything down. Plus, you could get the scouts to build them, and you could get them to carve nocks for the strings as well.

It's more fun to build than buy, and more skillful.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
My scout troop are looking for bows and arrows of all types (my wife is training as the Archery coach)

And to cut down on costs I would ask here if anyone has archery kit to trade (Possibly sell)

We also need a bow for my wife to use

Anything considered

Regards

Pignut

I have a Hoyt compund bow in Scotland somewhere, not sure how I'd get it to you (as I now live in Hungary) however your scout troop are welcome to it.

PM me with a delivery address if you are interested.

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
I have a Hoyt compund bow in Scotland somewhere, not sure how I'd get it to you (as I now live in Hungary) however your scout troop are welcome to it.

PM me with a delivery address if you are interested.

Wow!

Thanks you have pm

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Are you willing to fix some arrows up?

Just sorted out the pile and you're welcome to anything to the left of the bunch with the white feathers. There's(from the right):

- A dozen wooden shafts. Some new, some have been in a field for a winter, all need feathers. An odd couple of alloys too.
- Eight Gold Stalker 2117s, all bent. Easy to straighten these but also too easy to bend. I can't be bothered with them any more. Wouldn't recommend them really,
- Five shafts that broke at the fletching. Could maybe get some very short arrows out of them.
- Ten that broke behind the tip. No problem to get 28.5" arrows out of them. Fletching mostly good.
- Two dozen 30" arrows. Assorted feather colours but all to pretty much the same spec. The odd loose fletch here and there.
- Eleven more with black plastic vanes.
- A couple of 5/16 woods. Painted red, came with a bow I bought, never even tried them but they look alright.
- Eight little Easton alloys-1914. Pretty beat up but still fly true. Most need new nocks but they'd make great kids arrows.
- And in the foreground a bunch of tail ends to raid for fletching.

So how deep down the barrel do you want to go? :) I'll understand if you don't want the dross but I'll provide as much as I can in the way of missing bits if you do.

Arrows.jpg

If Sandbender's bow is the one that comes with the XX78 2216s I'll chuck in a few of those as well.

fishy1

Banned
Nov 29, 2007
sneck
Are you willing to fix some arrows up?

Just sorted out the pile and you're welcome to anything to the left of the bunch with the white feathers. There's(from the right):

- A dozen wooden shafts. Some new, some have been in a field for a winter, all need feathers. An odd couple of alloys too.
- Eight Gold Stalker 2117s, all bent. Easy to straighten these but also too easy to bend. I can't be bothered with them any more. Wouldn't recommend them really,
- Five shafts that broke at the fletching. Could maybe get some very short arrows out of them.
- Ten that broke behind the tip. No problem to get 28.5" arrows out of them. Fletching mostly good.
- Two dozen 30" arrows. Assorted feather colours but all to pretty much the same spec. The odd loose fletch here and there.
- Eleven more with black plastic vanes.
- A couple of 5/16 woods. Painted red, came with a bow I bought, never even tried them but they look alright.
- Eight little Easton alloys-1914. Pretty beat up but still fly true. Most need new nocks but they'd make great kids arrows.
- And in the foreground a bunch of tail ends to raid for fletching.

So how deep down the barrel do you want to go? :) I'll understand if you don't want the dross but I'll provide as much as I can in the way of missing bits if you do.

Arrows.jpg

If Sandbender's bow is the one that comes with the XX78 2216s I'll chuck in a few of those as well.

Grooveski, would you be interested in a swap for some of those broken ones if pignut doesn't want them? Currently, the arrows I'm using are either too heavy or too light, have no fletching and give me splinters.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Yeah, alright, you got in quick enough and put it so pitifully.....:D
I've said to Pignut that I'm skimming a few off the top and that's cool, PM an address.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Found some more in the car boot:rolleyes: so added them too. Didn't have as many points as I thought but there's over a dozen to get you started. 11/32, 125 grain if you need more.

Put in an old fletching jig. Whey you come to put vanes on the alloys you'll probably need to change the nock locator for the one in the placcy bag(compound bows usually have the cock feather down) and match the jig angle to the the already fletched arrows.
For the 2216 with the orange nock just heat the nock then twist off with pliers and put on a fresh one at the correct angle. Should be plenty of new nocks in there.

Don't have a spare taper tool so you'll have to buy one. I'd recommend Saunders NPV for glue. Remember to spin test every new point you put on.

I gave them a quick once over but check them again for damage or cracks before using them.
All boxed, will post in the morning.
Tidy corner now. :)

H

High on Hex

Hi Pignut, ive got a Barnett Sports Flight (cheap fibreglass training bow - ideal) and a Quicks Classic Hunter (50lb draw weight and difficult to use but great fun) you can have for the cost of postage. Pm me if you think they're suitable, i've been looking for a good home for them.
I've got two other bows to sell if your interested. They'll be cheap. I'll put them in the classifieds forum as soon as i can get hold of a digi camera.
I'll see what other bits and pieces i can dig out for you.
All the best,
Alistair.

alistair1365@yahoo.com

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE