WANTED: Air pistol...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
don't try it. trust me air pistols just don't have the power:eek: it won't be a clean kill and chances are the rat will get away and slowly bleed to death.

get a full powered carbine rifle if space is an issue.

pete

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
Agreed, you won't stand a hope with a pistol. I hate the little b*ggers but wouldn't inflict a pistol on them because even if I were lucky enough to hit, I wouldn't get a kill.

Any air rifle will be better than a pistol. I use a S410TDR which is great fun and very effective :)

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
I have a decent AA .22 but fancied a pistol as well. I've not done any research but surely there are powerful enough pistols about? If not then I'm still looking for one but I'll plink cans instead and continue to use the rifle for pest control.

Thanks for the feedback chaps.

Regards,

Matt.

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
well in the UK pistols are limmited to 6 foot pounds of energy and there arn't many that reach it.
but in the US where airguns are not limited many people buy custom made air pistols or modify them to sometimes 50 foot pounds!:eek:

pete

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
well in the UK pistols are limmited to 6 foot pounds of energy and there arn't many that reach it.
but in the US where airguns are not limited many people buy custom made air pistols or modify them to sometimes 50 foot pounds!:eek:

pete

That's still 'only' about the power level one can expect from a .22LR pistol. Swap it for a rifle and you can more than double that...

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
Matt, If you go to Middlewood you can borrow mine for a time and see what you think before you buy one. Sort of a try before you buy, but mines not for sale.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE