WANTED : A long bow

Apr 12, 2014
middle earth
I'd like to take up a bit of roving so I'd like to trade for someones unused longbow, with arrows. Nothing flashy or expensive as I doubt i will be any good in the beginning so I wouldnt want to spend loads on a longbow myself, or ruin someones beautiful work!

If you have an old longbow that you would be willing to trade for something, let me know what youre looking for and if I have it, I will trade. Thanks.

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
If you're willing to compromise a bit it's easier to get hold of an American Flat Bow. They have the look of a Longbow, but are arguably easier to shoot and there are more of them around.

Cheers, Michael.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Knowing where you are and what experience you have with a bow might help narrow things down a little.

Draw weight and arrow length can be critical in long bows.

ATB

Ogri the trog

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Perfectly adequate longbows are available, for example from Celticwebmerchants, in a range of weights and for less than £70. The only possible problem that I didn't realise is that they are made of palm wood or rattan which raises ethical conservation questions. The shoot very sweetly and our have a go archery visitors love them. Other makers do them for similar prices in ash.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE