Wanted, a few metres of black artificial sinew

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I need to restring a jet necklace. I need a few metres of black, or very, very dark brown, artificial sinew.

Loads to barter, from fire fungus to fabrics, thread, etc.,

M

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Thank you Robbi :) I have the pale natural tan coloured stuff, but it really stands out against the jet. I tried darkening it down, but it just rubs off. I know it's really nylon, but I'm pretty sure that it comes in other colours too.
I don't need enough to be worth buying a roll of it, I just hoped someone else might have a bit they could spare.

M

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
That's actually what I used when I strung the beads, but it's worn through and I have loose strands and handsful of beads :sigh:
It was a replica I made of one of these….

5e58c83b23e36f660ea39ccdf5da64e7.jpg

Fig_7_Inchmarnock.jpg

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
That's the same thread that I used that has frayed and failed. It's a right footer stringing the beads since the holes in the spacer plates are shaped and half hidden, and I'd really rather just do it right just once more and that'll be it.
Thanks anyway Robbi :) best intentions and it's appreciated.

M

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
If you have access to some black fiebings professional leather dye that might dye it dark enough for purpose. I don't often use artificial sinew, but on a few projects in the past it has taken this dye. I only have the yellowish colour stuff and the real thing here I'm afraid.

woodpoet

Mar 16, 2012
Walthamstow
Hi Toddy. Don't know if you still want Black Artificial sinew. I have a roll. you are very welcome to a few metres if you still need it. If you do pm me your address and I will post it to you.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE