Walking sticks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Reaps72

Forager
Jul 20, 2011
West Yorkshire
I have made my self one from a coppiced birch in a wood near me, it was already pretty straight so I just dried it out for a few weeks in the cupboard that hides
our boiler, trimmed it, de-barked it & gave it a liberal coat of boiled linseed oil. to protect the end I opted for an Ikea white nylon hard surface picture hook,
de-hooked obviously! Not keen on large rubber stoppers all looks abit granny-fied!

Paracordist

Forager
Mar 30, 2011
NH, USA
www.paracordist.com
Here's one I did not too long ago from beech sapling:
112.jpg

011.jpg

001-5.jpg

Mick w.

Nomad
Aug 20, 2011
west yorkshire, uk
There's also a website called "The Stickman" (technophope here, don't know how to do them thar linkys!) by a guy caleed Keith Pickering that you might find interesting. Various other interesting websites around as well, plus youtube stuff.

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Its a funny old world; but I have started making sticks now as well-mainly because if I am truthful; I genuinely notice how much they help me in my wanderings now that I am over 50
Got a nice piece of straight Hazel with a perfect fork drying in a log cabin in a wood I know as we speak
Paracordist that is a nice bit of work I will have to get some practice in

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE