Walking boots treatment

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tree beard

Feb 21, 2011
Sheffield
I recently bought some Karrimoor walking boots and was wondering what was best to polish/treat them with, any recommendations :confused:
There was a little card with them recommending something, but can't find it now. :(

mikergj

Tenderfoot
Feb 5, 2011
Oxford
If Leather, I clean mine with just water and old toothbrush and apply lots of Natural beeswax. No need to polish unless your going on parade :D:D:D

tree beard

Feb 21, 2011
Sheffield
Yep they're leather, this will be there first polish so wanted to use something good from the start that will keep them waterproof and stop them cracking.

mikergj

Tenderfoot
Feb 5, 2011
Oxford
Natural beeswax/ g-wax is excellent and will definately keep them waterproof. as I said earlier I clean mine with warm water and old tooth brush and let dry naturally, not near a heat source or they may crack. Then when dry just apply loads of wax with fingers and cloth,Job done.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
I'm finding that a combination of Nikwax products works the best. I use liquid nikwax from time to time, especially after some extended use. I then use the water based wax with the foam applicator, I find that doing this makes the wax last twice as long. I used to find that after a hard day that the liquid nikwax/grangers G-wax/normal nikwax washes/wears off leaving my boots free to turn into leather foot sponges. Using the combination, I can get a few days hard use before they need a treatment. I really rate the new Nikwax as it will go onto wet boots too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE