Walkie Talkie help needed.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hangman

Tenderfoot
One thing I would ask the seller is what are they? As they do not seem to be PMR which are licence free, ceratin types of radios need a licence (I'm out of touch with the current licencing requirements so won't give you advice that could be wrong).

Motorola are a good brand, I've never had problems but accessories like headsets etc must be motorola compatible as they are wired up differently to many other radios.

Another brand I'd recommend are Midland, I've a pair of G7's and they have been dropped rained on, dropped in mud and they are still working 4 years down the line, the downside of them is that they are a quality product and have a price tag to match my pair of Midlands cost £75 with charging station and a recharchable battery per radio (they will also take 4x AA batteries instead so a nice compramise when you are away from power - just run it on 'normal' batteries. As a powere save option you can set the transmit power to Low or High (it reduces the range but extends the batteries, which is not a problem if the range you need is out to 1km).

Forgot to add, many PMR sets talk about up to 5km range, that is best case with new batteries a direct line of sight, add in hills, heavy forest and really foul weather the realistic rrang of many of these sets is around 2-3km.

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
I took a pair of the Motorola TLKR T7's to the Moot to keep in touch with the kids. Worked a treat. Rechargeable batteries can be swapped out with Duracells. No complaints at all, although I haven't much to compare them with.

Tobes

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE