Volunteers Wanted

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Hi all Fi and I have come up with a very effective midge repellent made with 100% natural ingredients its in the form of a cream, We are looking for some of you to test it out and give us some feedback good or bad it will be limited to about 5 so get in quick, there will be no cost to you whatsoever all we ask is you pm us your comments and the right to use them, many thanks.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
........if it works against clegs you'll really get a glowing review; I have to carry an epi pen because of those miserable blighters.

M

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Fi said we will limit it to 10, so if everyone so far on the list would pm me your postal details we will get it in the post to you, Toddy not 100 % on clegs but it was tested in Dartmoor where the guy testing the 1st batch had been bitten in the past by the dreaded cleg and they kept away, give it a try but keep the epi pen in reserve.

Dave the chances are extremely low, you use very little per application as you just rub and dab on exposed area's.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I am allergic to so many blasted things :sigh:
Tell you what though, I'll ask Fi if anything I am likely to react to is in the mix, and if there isn't anything, then better yet, you'll really be on a winner.
The latest is, I kid you not, Ecover cleaners :( They add a chemical that 'might' cause an allergic reaction, and it damned well does.
I'll pm :)

M

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Dave the chances are extremely low, you use very little per application as you just rub and dab on exposed area's.

Yes, Xylaria has just sent me a PM letting me know about it. Im satisfied it'll be absolutely fine, and understand why you might want to keep your ingredients secret.
Didnt mean to ruin your opportunity. Sounds like good stuff. Im sure you'll get loads of reccomendations. I'd certainly use it.

:goodluck:

Last edited:

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
did i make the last one?

get eaten alive whilst out on the bike

I think you may well be sir

so if you all get your details sent we will get them of to you as original post it wont cost you a penny but we would like feedback...thank you to all that replied

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Well I'm a big midge magnet but missed out.

I've used natural products before and had 33-50% of my body come up in hives so in some ways glad I've missed out. You never know what might affect people though so testers shld stop using it if you get a reaction. Test a small area first, etc. etc. Yadayada and all that small print.

If it works I Wld like to buy some despite the above. So far only Wilma's Nordic summer works for me but that can stink a bit. I've had 5m high cloud above my head following me before now so am in need of something.

Will you post on here your results and if you'll be producing and selling it?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE