Virtuovice

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dancan

Nomad
Sep 29, 2007
Nova Scotia Canada
Interesting video on sharpening , he has a bunch of other tube videos .
I hope some find this helpful .
[video=youtube;yzB3gJsbjFc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpag e&v=yzB3gJsbjFc[/video]

nitrambur

Settler
Jan 14, 2010
Nottingham
Gave up after about 2 mins, no idea what he was saying

Maybe if
he talked in
complete sentenc
es
I would be able
to
follow what
he was talking
about

Last edited:

dancan

Nomad
Sep 29, 2007
Nova Scotia Canada
It's not just about what he's saying it's also about what and how he's doing it .
If you watch some of his other videos ( that fit in a lot of other categories on this site ) you'll see that he is not a pretender but an experienced doer .

beasty

Dec 28, 2010
Swansea
it might look a bit of an messy technique but he gets great results so its obviously a technique that's working for him and the vid has a great conclusion it really shows the effectiveness of strops with suitable compound compared to the very expensive super fine grit stones

PropThePolecat

Tenderfoot
Mar 29, 2009
Mainland Europe
The guy is the real deal. He sharpens his knives and uses them in the woods and for gutting/skinning game. And he gets his knives razor-sharp, so i dont think his tecnique is wrong.

michiel

Settler
Jun 19, 2006
Belgium - Herentals
If he's going for a convex edge, than there are easier and better ways to do it. Stones are more suited for v-bevels and scandi ground knives. His knives are sharp, and he does know his stuff when it comes to knives (I've talked with him a few times on anoher forum), but with better technique he could have a lot better results with the stones he has.

satosato

Forager
May 29, 2009
London
I don't know much about sharpening but I have spoken to quite a few, as far as I know there is no one perfect technique. Wako knows his stuff.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE