views?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
what does the "Views" mean on the forum, if it means how many people have looked at the subject then why have it?

it is slightly fustrating to note several people have looked at my question but not bothered to answer it.. :-? or am i wrong, i don't really see the point of having a "views" section.

i would prefer someone to answer with something negative than just ignore it. :cry:

J

Jamie

Hi Rappelby

Its not necessarily a question of 'ignoring' what you have said, but maybe some people might have an interest in reading what you have to say, but not necessarily the knowledge to answer (whether it be negative or positive). I am sure there will be threads that you will look at but for one reason or another decide that you dont want to post a reply yourself)

If everyone on the site answered every single thread it would become a bit of a nightmare having to find the time to wade through hundreds of replies and then the replies to those as well! :yikes:

Cheers

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Ditto what Jamie said.

For the most part it's a time issue. I was up till 3 this morning working on the site and I had a read of everything that had been put up but there was no way I was going to write replies to it all, there were about a dozen posts from the last time I looked and that would take ages to get through. It's the same for everyone. A lot of people have their core interests and just read the other threads so they can create an awareness.

Don't worry about it, the more views the more people are thinking or aware of what has been written.

:biggthump

giancarlo

Oct 5, 2003
Jersey, Channel Islands
I try and read every post on here, no matter what it is.
Only really reply when i know something that is correct, or can point someone is the right direction of someone who does.

My best friend on here at the moment is the "View posts since last visit" link, top right on the first page.. does what it says on the tin :)
Then the little "view lastest post" button (
icon_newest_reply.gif
), is great too :)

cheers
Carlo

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE