Video - Quick Fuzz Stick

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
B

BrianA

I learned this quick method for making a fuzz stick by hanging out in the woods with another bushcrafter and thought it was cool.

It may be nothing new to some of you, but I thought it was really cool. I have been doing it for some time, but just decide to make a video.

I seriously whiff the first couple firesteel strikes.....it is almost embarrassing......but you get the idea :p

Please ignore the narration of my 6 year old :D He thought he was the videographer :D

[youtube]326RtScPADM[/youtube]

If embedding the Youtube doesn't work, here is the direct link.

Soo.....am I being Captain Obvious here? Did everyone in the world already know this except me? Or is it new to at least a couple people?

Brian

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
I think Spam has shown that technique before (but I'm not sure). I've only seen it fairly recently, in any case. Good video of it though - shown it very clearly.

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Nice one Brian, good vid. That method was widely used in Europe by Gypsies to make flowers, just fuzz all the way round the stick till the end thins down and drops off mount it on a willow stick and sell it for £1, my daughter used to make very good money doing them when she was ten.

Karl5

Life Member
May 16, 2007
Switzerland
That's excellent!!!
Didn't know that technique, but that certainly looks like the easier way to do it.
Will definitely try it out.
Thanks for sharing.

Scrumpy

Forager
Mar 18, 2008
Silverstone
www.predatorsport.co.uk
Pretty good!
I was taught the technique at the moot on a knife safety course, when there are people moving about close to you keep the knife still and move the material but looking at the end result this method looks well worth further use. I will be trying this out directly!!
Thanks for sharing

queeg9000

Forager
Apr 24, 2006
Caldicot, South Wales
Thanks for sharing that with us Brian, I've not been on for a little while, and found that demo very interesting, it's a nice simple method, and gives good control to the cutting process. nice one

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE