Victorinox Mauser Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Adrian

Forager
Aug 5, 2005
South East London
Can anyone help me with a question? I came home from a holiday in Germany on Friday night, to find that we had been burgled. Luckily, not too much was taken, but among the things that were nicked was my Victorinox Mauser Officers knife. I bought this new many years ago because I liked the look of it, and - basically, never used it as I always carry a Leatherman!

The knife was in immaculate nick and was kept in a victorinox belt pouch which I'd bought at the same time. My question is this; what's it worth? I have to give a value to the insurers and of course I just found that they no longer make them, and that they are now regarded as collectibles! My google search has turned up a lot of photos of this knife and a lot of reviews, but I can't seem to find a value (for insurance purposes that is).

Can anyone help or point me the right way?

Thanks for any help that can be given.

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
Sorry to hear about your unfortunate burglary.
As for the value of your Victorinox Mauser,i have one myself in mint/unused condition but without box or paperwork,and the last time i researched the price on our sister channel BB i would have said approx £50-60,they are quite rare and sought after and manufactured in realatively small quantities as far as SAK'S go.
I would be interested to hear from anybody else reading this thread as to their opinion of my valuation whether too high or low and will have another look on BB as it was some time ago i was looking about this knife.

Last edited:

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I managed to source one some time agao ( great knife. shame they stopped making it ) and at the time I was shocked to see a few being sold in the £75.00 region.

Jimmy Bojangles

Forager
Sep 10, 2011
Derbyshire
I stupidly left mine in my rucksack when going on holiday last year, the loss still pains me! :(
When they told me it would be destroyed, I gave it to a security guard instead, so hopefully it's still having a fulfilling existence.

Great knives though, I'd had it for about ten years, can't believe they discontinued them.

Cheers

Mat

Adrian

Forager
Aug 5, 2005
South East London
Thanks lads - I appreciate the help. It was a bit of a sickener Sam to be sure, but as I said, not very much was taken and they didn't do any damage (other than to the back door handle and lock, and that has been beefed up!)

Jimmy Bojangles

Forager
Sep 10, 2011
Derbyshire
I know hindsight is a wonderful thing, but it may well have been worth your while checking your rucksack into the hold luggage to save your knife.

Sage advice, but an extra bag on Ryan Air, I couldn't afford the £12,000! Lol I was trying to find an envelope etc so I could post it back home, but ran out of time, then I couldn't find my way back to my darling wife and kids, came VERY close to missing the flight, but got there in the end and had a pleasant few hours on the plane being told what a d**k I am! Lol

jeffz

Forager
Apr 4, 2011
Surrey
I have fond memories of one I lost over 20 years ago. It had a removable guard for the (excellent) saw-blade. Nice knife.

Jimmy Bojangles

Forager
Sep 10, 2011
Derbyshire
Couldn't remember where I'd seen these (not Mauser but pretty damn close) they're on Endicotts website £9.95 for a super grade. Might be worth a look if one did want a replacement for a Mauser.

398d4963.jpg

zed4130

Forager
Aug 4, 2011
poole
sorry to hear about your lose, they are a rare knife these days, as for the Gak (german army knife) there is around 5-6 variations on manufactorers vic/mil-tec/aitor /kissing cranes- i forget the rest, the mil-tec is the most common now and the cheapest, ive had most of these Gak's and they are all well made and a great little camping knife,

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE