very bad weather in west wales? and the rest of the country.?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

the interceptor boy

Life Member
Mar 12, 2008
Angleterre.
Hi Everyone,
Just wondering if the moot is still on, due to the very bad weather in West Wales, and the entire country is having at the moment. Maybe a Mod/s can clarify on that, thank you.
Cheers the interceptor boy.

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
No intention of cancelling at the moment
The site is on sand so 10 mins after even heavy rain it's all gone

Mark

Lupin Rider

Mar 15, 2009
uk
Secretly we all want it to lash it down for at least one day so that we have something to moan about and can compare eVent with ventile and hear john fennas early gortex story round a camp fire.

It's tradition.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
The reports of severe weather in West Wales are over played by the media ... I live about 30 miles from the main site of the floods - and I did not even notice that the weather was bad!
OK it rained a bit and it was a bit windy here - but nothing unusual - but I have been having phone calls from friends and rellies asking if we are OK!
The flooding was/is very localised but the press impression was that Noah had better get ready again...
In Wales we are now looking at England and feeling sorry for those in the SE who went from Saharan drought to Biblical Flood and hoping thatthe Olympics are not going to be cancelled due to bad weather!

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Thats why I don't watch news or read a paper! Too much hype, over playing and propaganda! Expecting it to be wetter this year and preparing for it well.... He says...

Here (East Anglia) We went from heat wave drought to constant rain in a matter of days. Weather has been crazy this year.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
i'm in west wales as well and it's just as John says, we had some heavy weather friday and it's rained a lot the last few weeks but all's good, not much affects the Moot, there were floods one year on the estate and the police were saying about closing the event because the roads through the estate were under 3or 4 feet of water, a little while alter it was all gone, the actual campsite is always ok.

And probably the main point should be it's 6 weeks away, it would be hard for stuff happening now to stop things happening in August :D

Mick w.

Nomad
Aug 20, 2011
west yorkshire, uk
People seem to forget that we wouldn't have a "green and pleasant land" without a bit of wet stuff!
We had sunshine most of monday, yesterday was fine if a bit overcast, today cloudy; no floods or rain though, for a week or so now. (Skipton/Keighley area)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
It has been dry all day here - though it looks a bit black over your way Tony!
2 dry days - but a bit of rain overnight....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE