Ventile cotton L34 group buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Folks

Would anybody want to come in on a ventile bulk buy with me.

I have an offer for some first quality Ventile cloth direct from the mill.
This is L34 the lightest weight cotton 165-180 gsm and is undyed natural which is a tan/sand colour. It is the end of a special order and is not usually offered for sale in this colour
I am offered a 16m bolt of 1.5m wide which normally retails at £19.50 p/m plus vat for £13.00 pls vat and carriage. As its the end of the roll they dont want to cut it and will only sell the full bolt.
The weight would be ideal for a bush shirt or lightweight trousers - I want to make it up double thickness into a snow parka but it has many other applications. Its virtually the same water resistance as the standard weight L24 (Hydrostatic head 750mm water as opposed to 900mm).
I cant afford the full bolt and only want 6m or so for my project so does anybody want to come in and take some of the remaining 10m at cost.
I am prepared to put the full cost up and will sell on any length you want at cost plus whatever it costs me to post it out but I need to know enough people are interested.
Its driving me nuts as I know I could use the lot but SWMBO wont wear me spending £200 plus on material.

Sing out if youre interested

Cheers
Nick

http://www.ventile.co.uk/specification.html

Last edited:

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Nick,if I had the skills to make a double layered,long parka,I would be in with ya!
But alas..noone I know has such skills!
Hope you are well.
Chris.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I would love to - but I could not justify the time and new kit to my good lady at the mo!
Working like a dog to try and get some cash - and I already own 6 Ventile jackets.....
though I realy want a ventile shirt....
Wifey says NO!
sorry :(

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Just in case the offer isnt clear

Its 1520mm wide by 16m long - I want 6m so theres 10 m up for grabs but I'm happy to sell on any length from within that 10m.

I can accept a few metres more for myself but I dont want (read cant afford) to keep the lot so as long as I can move the bulk of the 10m on I'll be happy.

Cheers

Nick

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Ok guys

No panic - ill be out of touch in the wilds of S wales for the weekend but ill catch up on monday

Cheers
Nick

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
I don't think you have to buy the full bolt if you don't need it. I bought Ventile direct from Talbot on two separate occasons to get jackets made up - I got seconds for about £10/metre and the material was absolutely perfect. They were willing to sell me small amounts of any grade and colour.

NS

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Unfortunately i wanted white or sand in the lightest weight and that was the deal they offered. They were talking about £10 to cut a bit off a larger roll but that was at a higher price per metre - this was the bast price but because the dyehouse wanted it off the shelf it was an all or nothing deal. Perfectly reasonable really - just not so convenient.

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Nigel I'm waiting to hear if leonidas can go firm for some - if so then I think its on and ill try to move the rest on after - can you hold out for a bit longer? say till next week and I'll tie it up then for good.
Ps do you know how much you may want yet?

Cheers

Nick

nigelp

Native
Jul 4, 2006
New Forest
newforestnavigation.co.uk
Nigel I'm waiting to hear if leonidas can go firm for some - if so then I think its on and ill try to move the rest on after - can you hold out for a bit longer? say till next week and I'll tie it up then for good.
Ps do you know how much you may want yet?

Cheers

Nick

Hi Nick

Good to see this is still a goer. Will hang tight. I would like 2 metres which should be enough for a simple over the head smock top.
Nigel

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Nick,just make TWO snow parkas and I can buy one off ya!
( I don't have the skills mate! )
My best.
Chris.

Chris if youre serious you may just have the answer, cost you material and a bit of swearing money - practice with mine and do yours fer real

Cheers

Nick

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE