Veg tanned/Birch tanned reindeer hides?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

DFCA

Nomad
Aug 11, 2009
Monmouthshire
Hi again,

I seem to keep asking a sligtly different question each time but hopefully I will find what I am after with your help :)

I have seen coffee and flour bags and all sorts made from reindeer hide and really want to do some work with some - in fact I want to have a go at a day bag of some kind too but thats another story.

I've seen a few people here say that they have used some but at the moment I am having real trouble finding any (extensive googling has produced nothing!)

Does anyone have oa source for such a thing? Even better, does anyone have any lurking around that they would like to exchanges for some queens portraits? :)

Heres hoping

All the best

Dave

DFCA

Nomad
Aug 11, 2009
Monmouthshire
I have spoken to them but it is a chrome tan and I am really after something veg or birch tanned.

I'm going to bide my time and hope to find some but might have to resort to the aboinable chrome at a push! LOL

All the best

Dave

DFCA

Nomad
Aug 11, 2009
Monmouthshire
Hi,

Thanks for the pointers, I really am being quite a fuss pot over what I want though. It must be hair off, veg/birch tanned leather.

(trying to convince the good lady that buying a load of reindeer skins with fur ON would be the way forward for out tent though, she is beginning to yield to the idea! Yay!)

All the best

Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE