VE Day

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
Celebration wise, bit of a damp squib compared to the original which I remember vaguely being only three and a half at the time. However, being one of the cohort of children whose fathers were away at the war, it is touching to see our parents' generation being remembered with respect. Let's hope the current crop of young children are not scarred by the Covid19 lockdown experience and the shortages and privation which are likely to be the result of the ensuing economic slump. The response of today's children is inspiring and gives me hope for the future.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I was talking to my parents about it, they were less than 1 or not born yet on VE day number 1. Their neighbour was 11 but didn't remember the original ve day. I think it's something and nothing to most people with possibly some middle class areas with strong communities making more of it. On the news there were people wearing 40s clothing having Street parties. One guy looked like the ex politician portillo! Other areas had a social n distancing conga using a long rope with knots every 2 metres for distancing purposes. I just thought it was over the top.

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
On Thursday night, out side clapping for NHS, we spoke to neighbours about Friday, living at the end of a close exit to have a social distancing party.
come 2.45 Friday 20 of us we outside chairs and small table of goodies and the obligatory alcohol of choice and the played the last post at 2.55, then the party began in Ernest.
i think all the lock down and for many the isolation, it was a great release valve opened, a really friendly fun time was had by all, memories of who had lived in the close and times past, a couple of us were ex forces and we pulled up a sand bag and had a trip down memory lane.
thankfully rain stopped play around 8 pm, by that time the alcohol had done the damage and my other half is suffering this morning, he he. Shame no photos to share.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE