Vango Banshee 200

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TrashCanMan

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2009
Basingstoke
I have it - its a great tent for the money and weighs in at a little less than its listed weight of 1.9kg i think. Mine weighs 1.7kg iirc.

Couple of criticisms - its a pitch inner first design so in really bad rain, your inner tent gets wet when putting it up. I'm 6 foot 4 inches tall and of large build and its comfy for me and my bag but I would only share the inside space with my wife! Its also a little bit low to sit up comfortably inside if you are tall. There isnt much of an outside cooking area but what i do is use a stick/pole and a bit of paracord to rig up an awning using the side of the tent which only takes 1 minute.

On the whole, it is a very good tent and feels pretty well made. I analysed a lot of tents to fit me, my budget and my requirements and this fitted the bill.

Minor gripes aside, i'm very pleased with it. As an aside, I bought mine from worldoftents.co.uk which was the cheapest place I could find it and I got great service. (not affiliated, no connections, just an honest recommendation)

Hope this helps. Any specific questions, please feel free to ask.

Machiavelli

May 21, 2009
Good Ole' Lancashire
Cheers mate, great review -- really helpful.

I'm 6'3 myself: I'm planning on using it for myself. I need a bit of room; those little one manners are far to poky.

Thanks again mate.

TrashCanMan

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2009
Basingstoke
For anyone above 6'2 - I cannot recommend this tent enough for a lightweight backpacking tent. I looked at the likes of Hilleberg's ultra lightweight jobby, colemans X2 and a zillion others and forget the quoted dimensions! The banshee was definately the roomiest inside. I would rather carry an extra 100/200 grams for the comfort.

Its the same I think as the lichfield tent in Argos but cheaper and in green so better for wild camping. I've used mine loads for over a year now.

If its just for you and your bag, perfect. Same as me. In rain, I unzip the inner door and fire up the jetboil near the door for ventilation.

You won't be disappointed :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE