vacuum storage bags

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nuggets

Native
Jan 31, 2010
england
i,m off on me travels soon and spotted some vacuum storage bags today in poundland----wow --never used them before - but i,ve just reduced the volume of my bag by 50% if not more -well impressed they will also double up as dry bag storage for the duration of the trip :cool::cool::):)

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
A good idea until you fill your pack with compressed bags and then try to repack to go home.You'll find that there is too much bulk to repack.

Muddypaws

Jan 23, 2009
Southampton
Even without a vacuum you can reduce bulk by rolling the bag to squeeze the air out, and the one way valve keeps it out. However, if you puncture the bag you are stuffed. I don't know what the quality of the poundland bags is like, but I have had cheap bags before and they didn't last long. However, the prepared bushcrafter always has some duct tape wrapped around his water bottle for such an eventuality.

Old Bones

Settler
Oct 14, 2009
East Anglia
I'm not used them for bushcrafting yet, but we packed up a load of stuff (for a week away with the kids) with a couple of bags from Lakelands. You can get the roll bags (we got one free with the large bags), but if your going somewhere with a vacuum cleaner, you can save a lot of space by putting clothes in them. I'm not entirely sure about Poundland bags lasting all that long though...hence the motto 'don't forget the duct tape'!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE