Vacuum pack compression sacks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tom89

Tenderfoot
Jul 23, 2013
England
Hi, you know the bags you can get that you can put clothes in then Hoover out excess air to save space, well can you get the same effect with out a Hoover by squashing the air out or whatever?

Cheers

Tom

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
You can squeeze out as much as you can but a vac really gets them solid, these are the household ones you mean?

You can get camping versions with an outlet valve, or the Sea-to-Summit event evac sacks are good

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
The household ones are really stiff when cold, and don't compress as well if you try to use them outdoors in the cold :sigh:
Much better using the nylon ones really.

cheers,
Toddy

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
My Sister showed me some she uses for my Niece when she goes camping, they're from Kleeneze IIRC and looked the part, they have a screw valve that you shut off then zip lock the bag, roll it up to expel the air from the clever one way thingy ( sorry for the description ) very clever.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE