Using broken stuff for Bushcrafting

• Hey Guest, We're having our annual Winter Moot and we'd love you to come. PLEASE LOOK HERE to secure your place and get more information.
    For forum threads CLICK HERE

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Afon Tyweli
Seat from a bicycle would make a nifty little stool.
Tire tread as replacement sole for boots.
Wire saw using the brake cable. Probably lousy for cutting branches but might work as a vertical saw attachment for the pole lathe.

being low on funds and/or having only limited access to raw materials means i'm a bit of a "pack rat" and have gotten rather adapted at repurposing over the years.... recent example: a while ago i saw a piece of handle poking up on the beach which turned out to be a machete sticking out of a banana "log" (my guess it got forgotten in the banana which then got washed downriver in a flood and then spent some time floating in the ocean before being washed ashore).as there was a big chunk missing near the tip i reshaped it with a grinder, made a scabbard out of a scrap piece of pvc pipe over the fire and sewed a belt loop from some webbing -- now it's my "beach machete" (blade length ca. 13" ), it's compact size makes it ideal for taking it with me on the bus when visiting friends, too (wrapped into a shirt and carried on my backpack; as everyone here uses machetes == no problem :) )

Reactions: Erbswurst

Hultafors Outdoor knife for Sale

We have a a number of Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteels for sale.

You can see more details here in this thread OUTDOOR KNIVES The price is £27 posted to the UK. Pay via the paypal button below.