Urban Bushcraft

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ChrisKavanaugh

Need to contact Admin...
I just returned from what was to be a quick 10 minute drive. We had a sudden rainstorm come in from the sea along with the high winds known locally as Santa Annas. My ancient Volvo decided this would be the perfect time for the WINDSHILD WIPER handle to break off in my hand. I managed ot get it off the freeway driving with my head out the window like Lindberg crossing the Atlantic. I grabbed my ever present rucksack, slipped into my Flectar poncho and warm clothing and footed it the 4 miles home to my apt. On arrival I saw the lights going on and off and heard the lamentations of the recently immigrated indian women expecting Kali to descend at any minute. I slipped inside, fired up my campstove and brewed up a double mug of a traditional hot buttered rhum with even more traditional Pusser's Rhum along with a vegetable beef stew, fruitcake and cheese. I was about to climb into my sleeping bag vs bed when the power was restored.Now Im watching CirquedeSoleil on T.V. and wondering who is dressed more flamboyantly? the acrobats or this idiot in a flectar poncho, worn out welsh wool shirt and balaclava? :chill:

I often take a long lunch at work, drive to a local park and cook my lunch with my "Bug Out Bag" just for practice. Pretty much have it down to a science now.

I have used the Mountian House food pouches,Military MRE's, cans of soup and beef jerky.

A few times I have had people come up to me in the park and asked me about my Swedish Stove Set. They thought it was a great looking stove set.

It is a good thing to be a little odd...............and prepared.

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
Monterey Peninsula, Ca., USA
Once in a while, especially on cool, partly cloudy mornings, I'll grab my shoulder bag and walk over to the park and fire up the Esbit, heat up a cup of hot coffee or tea in the canteen cup and wait for the sun to rise.

Now that we got a pooch :eek:): it will happen much more often. :wink:

Carcajou Garou

On a new journey
Jun 7, 2004
Canada
The village I live in is so small I would have too camp in some one elses yard to be urban but I do carry a compass and water bottle all the time now as I got lost in Montreal years ago, overcast day, couldn't see the sky didn't know where E,S,N,W, were, tall buildings etc...some bushcrafter EH!!! :eek:):
just a thought

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
Monterey Peninsula, Ca., USA
:lol: Carcajou Garou, This man has been there and done that. Same circumstances, except I was in Seattle. I was out for a walk and got all turned around and sat down on a bench. Along came a boyscout who asked me where such and such was and I said I was lost and he sat down next to me and said that makes two of us. :eek:):

R-Bowskill

Forager
Sep 16, 2004
Norwich
I sometimes go onto the local heath and brew up over an open fire especially in the autum (fall) when I'm out mushrooming or nutting.

I'm working on the idea that the hunter gatherer instinct is alive in the cities, especially for nuts (edible variety). If I could get the funding I'd do a M phil or PHD on that as an anthropology degree. Then with a few letters after my name people would believe what I was saying.

Of course everyone loves a barbie.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE