Up near inverness, places to see?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
I will be up in Inverness tomorrow ans stopping over with work. My drive takes me through the Cairngorns but I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations of places to visit as I will have some time whilst up there to explore. I did want to visit some bothies but doubt I will be able to get to them due to remoteness and me not having the right gear to be trekking.

Frazer

Tenderfoot
Dec 18, 2009
Highlands
An easy one is to pop over to Dores, just a few minutes out of Inverness. It sits on the northern bank of Loch Ness and has a cracking view down the length of it from a nice wee shingle beach were I spent many a night in my youth. Plus, the Dores Inn pub serves brilliant food!

If you're in the city centre and need to kill an hour, go for a walk through 'The Islands' on the river and along the bank, helped keep me sane when I worked an office job!

Oh, if you're driving up the A9, I always stop at the Ballingluig Motor Grill or whatever its called - it's a greasy spoon, proper food at a proper price, better than Bankfoot/Aviemore in my opinion.

I've not lived there for 10 years, I'm actually struggling to think of proper suggestions!

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Ospreys at Loch Garten.
Mountain Spirit in Aviemore for some proper gucci gear.
Chairlift up Cairngorm mountain and a quick ascent to the summit on a roped and slabbed path and some great views. (Good weather only and need at least waterproof etc).
Some really nice lowland walking through Rothiemurchus forest, as long or as short as you want, near to Loch morlich and on the road to Cairngorm ski centre.
Whiskey shop at Inverdruie (huge selection)
Lovely sandy beach by Loch Morlich.

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
Best bet for a bothy would be Ryvoan, park at Glenmore Lodge, approx. 45 min. easy walk in :)

Pm me if you want to pop in for a brew?

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
Best bet for a bothy would be Ryvoan, park at Glenmore Lodge, approx. 45 min. easy walk in :)

Pm me if you want to pop in for a brew?

Got any directions to get to the bothy? Grid ref or gps. Might be worth a walk in once im done with business.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
Aha. Looks good. I have found a few more bothies on the Mountain bothies association website near there so got a few to try

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE