Union Flag Avatar

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dingo

Nomad
Jan 7, 2005
leicestershire
No, I know exactly what you mean! The Scottish guys used to do it when I was in the Army, they have a very fierce pride in their country and so they should. Unfortunately, people misunderstand nationality and country of birth. They're two different things altogether! Look at the front of your passport,

the government should sort it really, that would mean getting rid of the scottish parliment, Scottish national party and the welsh assembly, i think that would be great but cant quite se it happening mate, if your english and you say this stuff your frowned upon, but if the scots and the welsh say it, its just national pride:confused:

never mind, I'm English and proud anyway, but if everyone else is ok with british so am i.

Adam.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
That's always bothered me. Five Nations Rugby, or 7 or however many are involved these days, is made up of england, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and then a bunch of foreigners. Doesn't seem fair, does it? And we still don't win! Why don't we have a combined team, British? We do for rugby world cup.

weaver

Settler
Jul 9, 2006
North Carolina, USA
Is this how it should be?

gbritain1.gif

Staghound

Forager
Apr 14, 2008
Powys
www.mid-waleslogbuildings.co.uk
That's always bothered me. Five Nations Rugby, or 7 or however many are involved these days, is made up of england, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and then a bunch of foreigners. Doesn't seem fair, does it? And we still don't win! Why don't we have a combined team, British? We do for rugby world cup.

Sorry for going back OT, but I can't ignore that. Unless I've lost the plot entirely I'm fairly sure that I remember that WE did win the Six Nations this year. :nana: :twak: :red: :D

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Sorry for going back OT, but I can't ignore that. Unless I've lost the plot entirely I'm fairly sure that I remember that WE did win the Six Nations this year. :nana: :twak: :red: :D

Really? I'm not the sporting type if you haven't guessed already! I quite like womens' beach volleyball, but that's for a whole other reason dude!

:D

dommyracer

Native
May 26, 2006
London
Well, they should as they are British. Scottish isn't a nationality, is it? Nor is being Welsh, Irish or English.

I'm pretty sure that those that hail from the Republic of Ireland might have something to say about that.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Spam, I'm Scottish, and I always have been. The British bit is just officialdom, and even there I'm a citizen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, even got the specially chipped brand spanking new passport to prove it. When I filled in the forms for the passport my Country of birth is Scotland, and if I could have had a Scottish one, I would.

We diverge from too many of the things and institutions that are so iconically British to feel wholeheartedly so.
Education, Law, Religion, Social Issues, Monarchy, Government, Land Issues ............all different.

This divergence is not disrespect, especially for the armed services, but the differences are very real.

This topic has raised it's head over the past few days and today I've asked my sons and six other folks aged 20 - 65, "What nationality are you ?", only the eldest man replied "Both." everyone else said, "Scottish"

The times they are a changing...........

cheers,
Toddy

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales

No we don't. They all play individually. Are you thinking of the British and Irish Lions?

I agree we should get off the subject of rugby..........I support Scotland! :eek:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE