Unable to upload pictures

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mace242

Native
Aug 17, 2006
Yeovil, Somerset, UK
When I try I get the following error message:

Warning: copy(/usr/local/apache/htdocs/gallery/data500/thumbs/100_0149.jpg) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/gallery/image-inc.php on line 305

Neanderthal

Dec 2, 2004
Cheshire
Thanks for starting this thread Mace.

I'm also haveing probs uploading to my gallery.
Size 46KB JPEG, Dimensions 454x351

From top of screen
===============
Warning: copy(/usr/local/apache/htdocs/gallery/data2/thumbs/Pitch_Sticks.jpg) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/gallery/image-inc.php on line 305

From Main frame
==============
Error creating thumbnail! Error code: 1

Command:

"/usr/bin/mogrify" +profile "*" -size 100x75 -quality 70 -geometry 100x75 -unsharp 10 '/usr/local/apache/htdocs/gallery/data500/thumbs/Pitch_Sticks.jpg'

Just tried to upload a pictue also and had this message:-

Command:

"/usr/bin/mogrify" +profile "*" -size 100x97 -quality 70 -geometry 100x97 -unsharp 10 '/usr/local/apache/htdocs/gallery/data507/thumbs/atlatl13may_08.jpg'

Phil.

godfather

Nomad
Oct 28, 2003
Hertfordshire
Same here,

when I did finally manage to post a photo it would not loa so I have a number of small white boxes with a red cross on them. However, if you click on the paper clip symbol on the thread title you can see the images.

Attachments

• new tarp (Small).JPG
    new tarp (Small).JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 10

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
Just tried to upload a pictue also and had this message:-

Command:

"/usr/bin/mogrify" +profile "*" -size 100x97 -quality 70 -geometry 100x97 -unsharp 10 '/usr/local/apache/htdocs/gallery/data507/thumbs/atlatl13may_08.jpg'

Phil.

I get the same error as you, namely:

Command:

"/usr/bin/mogrify" +profile "*" -size 100x75 -quality 70 -geometry 100x75 -unsharp 10 '/usr/local/apache/htdocs/gallery/data500/thumbs/DSC01188.jpg'

:confused:

chas brookes

Life Member
Jun 20, 2006
west sussex
have tried uploading photos into forum replies but unable to do so successfully. I am using the same method I used on the old site which was successfull. Any advice on how to upload on new site:confused:
Chas

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
I havn't had a problem inserting pic's into threads......

dscf1779rx8.jpg

see :eek:

are you trying to upload to the gallery or just add in a piccie from imageshack et al?

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Ive not been able to upload pics into threads from Imageshack. :confused:

Dont think I am doing anything wrong though.

curious! - I just cut and paste the links into the text body.....

for instance the link above was

IMG]http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/3844/dscf1779rx8.jpg[/IMG

(with a square bracket at the front and the end of course)

Brian.T

Tenderfoot
May 24, 2007
Worthing, West Sussex
curious! - I just cut and paste the links into the text body.....

for instance the link above was

IMG]http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/3844/dscf1779rx8.jpg[/IMG

(with a square bracket at the front and the end of course)
I understand the IMG tags, but with this forum I thought you had to click the add-image link and then paste the link into the box? I have tried that repeatedly and it doesnt work.

I will try with the IMG tags instead. Thanks :)

Brian.T

Tenderfoot
May 24, 2007
Worthing, West Sussex
The IMG tag thing worked but made the picture too wide, spoiling the text. I have managed to do it using the image shack link for forums. :)

See 'Show us yer tents' thread.

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
cool - glad I could be of help! (to be honest I used to use a combination of using the button and just entering the link but i've recently just got in the habit of pasting the link - Lazy I guess but it works)

I always click on the 'preview post' button to check it works / is the right size before posting too ;)

Chance

Nomad
May 10, 2006
Aberdeenshire
I swiftly reached the limits of my ignorance in attempting to post anything other than words.
I'm assuming that there are alternatives to Image Shack: is there any reason to favour one service over another ? If I'm to be dragged reluctantly into this 21st century, which site is least likely to confuse and frustrate me ?

In your opinions, it goes without saying (until I said it).

Scots_Charles_River

Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
I swiftly reached the limits of my ignorance in attempting to post anything other than words.
I'm assuming that there are alternatives to Image Shack: is there any reason to favour one service over another ? If I'm to be dragged reluctantly into this 21st century, which site is least likely to confuse and frustrate me ?

In your opinions, it goes without saying (until I said it).

I use flickr and you just right click a photo on your flickr site, select properties, then paste that link into a post, dlelitng the code after the *.jpg and that's it.

Nick

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE