Ultimate piece of kit!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
shinobi said:
What if your "Ahem" banana doesn't have the requisite curvature to fit in properly, Would you have to bend it by hand to fit?
(Stop giggling at the back!!)

Martin

Didn't the EU ban or try to ban bendy banana's a while back....? Does it come in a straight model.... :rolmao:

Pict

Settler
Jan 2, 2005
Central Brazil
clearblogs.com
It doesn't come in camo... what good is it? My main problem with the banana is that they don't come in subdued colors to match my gear. Once they turn rotten they match but then what's the point. Mac

Kim

Nomad
Sep 6, 2004
Birmingham
That, is completely brilliant...You'd have to take it to the greengrocers with you though eh, to buy a banana with the right 'curvature'!

Great Pebble

Settler
Jan 10, 2004
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Naah, it's a myth.

Actually, it's not. Quite.

The EU did introduce a ruling regarding the sale of mis-shapen fruit of all kinds. Basically a consumer protection thing, geared rather more at industry rather than the private consumer (You don't want to be ordering 10 gross of apples for your Halloween toffee apple factory only to discover that they're all odd ones with dinges and square sides). When it was announced, or read out, or whatever the EU does with these things, some wag suggested that it may impinge upon the straightness of bananas. The Sun picked up on it and constructed a rant about it.

Being a somewhat humourless body the EU then issued a document detailing the fact that they recognised bananas were naturally bent and rather pedantically defined what "bent" meant using wholly unnecessary geometrical descriptions. In doing so they actually, more-or-less, fulfilled the wags suggestion by actually defining the "official" curvature of a banana......

Nobody takes a protractor to bananas.
But there is, in theory at least, an EU standard for banana curvature.

Justin Time

Native
Aug 19, 2003
South Wales
I've got to admit to owning one in the dayglo yellow... works a treat... no more bananas squished over the contents of my bag... and bananas don't grow on trees you know! errr.......

dean4442

Nov 11, 2004
Wokingham UK
ok now I can die having seen the most absurd thing ever, although as people are buying them then they can't be that absurd!! I'll have to stay alive just to see what comes next!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (PS no offence meant to anyone who owns one)

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
jakunen said:
Just finished reading TRAIL and there is one fantastic, must have piece of kit...Must have kit...

It even comes in luminous...
He who doesn't use the Search facility.... :roll:

Top Banana! gear item of the year!

...misses out on my funky CucumberGuard!

cucumberguard.jpg

:eek:):

That should satisfy even crofter's needs :naughty: :rolmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE