UK Search and Rescue forum

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nigeltm

Aug 8, 2008
south Wales
I thought I'd post this up as a few of the members on here are already involved with, or have an interest in, Search and Rescue volunteer services in the UK.

UKPoliceOnline is a forum which was originally set up for serving/retired Police officers and those interested in joining the Police service. Over the past couple of months they have been updating the forum. One of the changes has been to add areas for related organisations. As well as ambulance and fire service they have added areas for SAR organisations. They include Mountain Rescue, RNLI, Cliff Rescue, Cave Rescue, Search And Rescue Dogs Association & Coastguard. In the past a few BCUK threads on knife law and similar issues have linked to threads on the UKPO forum.

Content is a bit light as the areas are still new but it is expected to grow.

So if you'd like to find out more about UK SAR you can have a look at the forum on the link below. Over time the forum is expected to answer specific questions, as well as post up general information on how to stay safe in the wilds and what to do if things go wrong.

http://www.ukpoliceonline.co.uk/index.php?/forum/217-search-rescue/

Hope you find this useful.

PS: I've check with Tony and he has OK'd this post.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE