UK postage to Irish Republic for Irish Residents

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Badger74

Jun 10, 2008
Ex Leeds, now Killala
This is for Irish residents really, but handy to know for for UK residents if posting to Eire.

For those that don't know, the Irish postal service, An Post, operate a service that allows Irish residents a UK address for parcel postage from the UK; its called AddressPal. It enables anyone here to make UK purchases without getting stitched up with postage costs. You have to register with An Post and they give you a reference number and the address of their hub in the UK. The parcel gets delivered to the hub, its then brought over to Ireland and then distributed to the local Post Office that you have registered, and you get a message to say its ready for collection. Then you collect it and pay 3.50 euros.

I used it for a purchase I made of the forum, and they used Hermes. The parcel was collected last Wednesday and delivered to the hub on Friday, and it was available for me to collect from my local Post Office yesterday. I also used it for an ebay purchase last Thursday which had free UK postage, and that arrived yesterday as well. All in all, a pretty handy service.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE