UK Hanmocks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
Morning folks,

Anyone know if UK hammocks are still alive? Put a small order in on mon or ties and haven't heard about delivery yet?

Sent from my hidey hole using Tapatalk... sssh!

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
let us know how you get on please mate. I was looking at a couple bits from them the other day funnily enough

Fancy trying their Xsock and hammock chair

Jockanease

Oct 23, 2014
Argyll
Strange, tried a google search, all the catagories come up then when you try enter its sending me to a page that says domain name registered??? Maybe master reset required lol

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Matt is a good guy - its peak season for buying stuff and its all hand made to order. Give him a call.

wheniwake

Mar 28, 2015
Falkirk
As above
It says on the FAQ that everything is made to order. So if you've ordered one of their hammocks you could be a while. I really like the look of the expedition hammock, but couldn't spend £140 :(

Bluffer

Nomad
Apr 12, 2013
North Yorkshire
If you're on facepest they have an active page.

It's been raised before, but if you want anything custom from ukhammocks you have to give him plenty of lead-in time and be prepared to not have instant replies to emails.

Matt is a one-man band and works from home, he is also frequently on exped and shows and the like.

For what it's worth, I'm a tight-fisted cynical Yorkshireman and I trust Matt and ukhammocks 100%

Barney Rubble

Settler
Sep 16, 2013
Rochester, Kent
youtube.com
I duly concur with the other comments here, you need to have a little patience. I ordered an EDC hammock mid March and received an e-mail yesterday (approx 2 weeks later) to say that it was dispatched. I've also just ordered a Woodsman hammock (am very excited about this!!) and fully expect that I will most likely be waiting two to three weeks for that to arrive.

This is my first foray into hammocking, I was very very tempted to get a DD hammock (particularly as there is a group buy) but the thing that sold me on UK hammocks was the fact that they're hand made in good ol'blighty, receive very good feedback and reviews on the quality of the product/customer service and most reviewers say that you can achieve a comfy flat lay (on the diagonal) with no shoulder squeeze. That's not to say that you don't get those things with DD (and indeed others) but it's fair to say that people have more mixed experiences and views.

Bluffer

Nomad
Apr 12, 2013
North Yorkshire
I don't mind the DD hammocks and tarps, reasonable quality at a fair price.

But I had a Hennessy hammock given to me to trial and Matt at the time was just starting out with his business, I think mainly doing Hennessy conversions (zips, etc).

So my rig is a DD tarp with a limited edition Hennessy. If I had to replace any of it, I would have another DD tarp and one of Matts custom hammocks.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
I have one of Matts custom hammocks for the last three years and can't fault it one bit.
I use this alongside a Tatonka 3x3 tarp.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE