Uh Oh !! " Dartmoor 5 1/2 The Can't Wait Weekend "

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Right then , I have been contacted by various people , regarding Dartmoor 6 , some cannot make that one , also a couple of good pals , have time booked off from work .

The weekend Friday 17th February - Sunday 19th February ...

So after contacting various members , We will have a meet on the above dates , sorry to confuse the normally well organised date planning , re our meets !!

Also i have forgotten who ,exactly i spoke to regards the Feb dates . If you could be so kind as to vest an interest here , re your attendance it would be very much appreciated.

We will be holding the meet at the usual site , and maybe with a twist , some i think want a night out on the open Moor , which depending on weather , is possible , and a few have shown a interest in a guided walk , also weather permitting .

Anyway , usual rules apply !

£10.00 for the weekend , at least one group meal , as regards other catering , drink etc , to save confusion i suggest we all chuck a fiver in a kitty , form a list and send two of the more responsible members off on a forage !!

Any questions as usual just ask .

Ivan...

By the way , this does not affect the March meet , that still goes ahead , it's just an added date like a tour !

Last edited:

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
incognito, everyone is always welcome , any questions just ask , there are loads of pictures and videos all over this site , anything with the words Dartmoor or Ivan in the title refer to our meets .

Atb Ivan...

TeaBee

Jun 12, 2011
Devon
Oh, yes please. Always ready for a good walk - so long as I don't have to carry anything. By the way, Ivan, I met James the puppeteer in Buckfastleigh last week and of course your name came up.

Last edited:

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi Trev, I was going to pm you , but good man you came online , The conversation with the puppeteer , all good i hope ? He is a nice bloke very talented , small world ain't it ?

Anyway give us a shout , if you are contemplating that 1000 foot climb , by bicycle again !! and we will send a rescue vehicle and oxygen !!

Ivan...

TeaBee

Jun 12, 2011
Devon
Hi Ivan, I had an interesting chat with James. He had two fascinating puppets that he'd just completed for a new story. Couldn't say if they reminded me of anyone.....

I will come up to Buckfastleigh by bus, arriving about midday Friday, and take a cab up to the site. I'll probably load up the fishing trolley and give it a try this time - it's got very wide tyres so should work OK over most of the ground. At least I'll know in future if it's worth bothering with and hopefully your 'International Rescue' services won't be required :eek:.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi Lucy , thats good news , you never know you might be able to arrive during daylight hours ! I am quite surprised at how many are coming , seeing as the Great Moorland Bakeoff ! is only around the corner , gluttons for punishment the lot of em !

Ivan...

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi All , I have just returned from a few days camping with Adam , also Skate came along on the Friday to help us cope with the rigours of it all ! We went for a good old look around , and discovered some really interesting stuff ! photos and Ivan video footage to follow as soon as poor old Adam has a chance to recover .

Anyway , i know most of your travel , and arrival plans , for the upcoming meet , less than a week away ! But one or two of you were planning on coming on the Wednesday or Thursday , if you could let me know as soon as you do , it would be appreciated . As you all know where to park and where to go , i won't bore you , so you can all turn up in your own time , it's just i don't want lonely souls wandering around camp midweek , saying " Where is everybody ? "

Also any last minute , questions, requests etc , let me know . So hopefully over the next few days Adam will work his magic to provide some entertainment until the weekend .

Really looking forward to us all getting together as usual , roll on the meet !!

Ivan...

Ps This is for Rick we have a new one ! in his sleep , Jeremy Irons ?? ( you know the Richard Dreyfuss , thing , done in the same casual manner !! )

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Small update , unfotunately Katie won't be able to come as she has a nasty chest and ear infection , she is well down in the dumps , but makes sense , well her mum says it does !

Also Newman is arriving on Thursday , he doesn't know it yet but he has been demoted , he is now camp gopher ! mainly firewood and woodland drop sanitizer .

And Jonajuna and Cory are coming on Thursday , i have a special task fot those two , after his bridge building exploits , now i want an aqueduct !

Adam is also coming on Thursday , so he can get enough sleep in before the weekend .

I think everyone else is arriving in dribs and drabs on the Friday , wait till you see my new firepit !!

Firewood is down the bottom , and so is the wheelbarrow ( personalised in Newman livery )

BRING IT ON !!!!

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
hi ivan how you doing matey i will be arriving on the friday morning the17th so save my space for me buddy i will be on my own as tbl is visiting family that weekend have you got anything planned for us and who is going? regards dave

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi Dave , consider your space reserved, not sure on exact plans , but a decent walk looks on the cards , and of course top woodland catering as ever , so far 20 confirmed , including 3 newbies ! so great turnout .

Maybe some woodland games /challenges !

Ivan...

seekum

Banned
Feb 11, 2012
everywhere
hi all, Jonajuna has asked me to pass this on as he is not able to come here anymore, in his name or any others... in fact due to my being associated, i have to fly round the world and access these boards from various cyber cafes, today i am in Kuwait :)

anyway, Jon has car trouble again, thisin the form of a game of marbles he played with two other drivers meaning his car has to go and be superglued back together.

he and cory are doing their best to get down on the thursday, but it may be the friday, all depending on the bodyshop (not the toiletries), courtesy cars and whether i can get back from kuwait/australia/south korea/china (the latter is a bugger to get onto google from??) or where ever i may be that day to help him pack

due to my travel needs, i have to change identity on occassion too, big brother is watching and my passports get filled up quick. future posts may be with a different nickname, you never know

so, im sure jon will pass my wishes on when he and cory sees you soon ;)

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Well if that Jon, was as organised as he would lead us to think he was , he would have proper insurance and would obviously have a courtesy car ! I hope he does not operate in this manner at work !

Anyway thankyou Seekum , for the information , take care on your travels , if anything changes , please let us know .

Mr Newman, a private message , is just that ! the dressing up competion , was not only a secret thing , it was only to have two competitors ! you and me , and yes there was a cash ! prize of £100.00, don't worry because you wouldn't have won anyway , because you only ever wear that lovely olive drab , off the shoulder number , and peep toed wellies ( so predictable )

So as is the competion is off ! And i will thankyou in future to keep any such private messages i send you in the strictest of confidence .

See you Thursday love , oh and please return my dpm compact , you bitch !

Ivan...

seekum

Banned
Feb 11, 2012
everywhere
hi again, i have been in comms with Jon via carrierdolphin and am reliably informed that not only does he have proper insurance but also a couresty "car"...... he used the quotes as it only has half an engine and an additional gloveboox where the boot should be!

however, this does mean that he and Cory will be joining you on the thursday as planned, probably mid to late afternoon, but certainly before the sun sets. he has to be there before then as has two hammocks to string up and a new shiney and huge tarp for them both to co-habit under.

of course, his travel arrnagements are still subject to me getting back in time to help them pack, today i have managed to access t'interweb through a undisclosed location in the czech republic so as long as i make it back to the pheasant towed glider and indeed, that there are any pheasants left.......

hope you all have fun ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE