Tutorial download section

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 4, 2003
Hatfield, Herts
Tony,

How about an area where we could post a tutorial on any techinques we try or things we do well. For instance I could write one on how to skin gut a rabbit or how to make char cloth. Ok for here might be a bit basic, but someone new who comes on the site and has never done it, could read it and then with the info go and have a go for themselves.

Just a thought.
Simon

J

Jason

Hi all,

You probably haven't heard of me before I'm the guy trying to get the main HTML website up and running, Sorry it's taking longer than I had hoped. All of your suggestions are great and I am trying to apply them to the site.

Tony has been a very patient chap with me, some of you may have noticed that the reviews section has been changing over the past week and should be finished this weekend.

It would be great to get more feedback from you on the site. I hope you see the changes a little quicker than I have been able to achieve them so far.

Jason

clcuckow

Settler
Oct 17, 2003
Merseyside, Cheshire
I like the idea and Martyn re: the pdf you might like to try OpenOffice 1.1 which is the freeware version on Sun Microsystems StarOffice as it has an export as pdf. Much cheaper than adobe ie. free!

Christopher

P.S. Martyn did you ever finish that Damascus skinner than you did the pictorial on BB.

silas

Nov 23, 2003
Staffordshire
A tutorial sounds like a great idea to me! I would love to know how to skin a rabbit and dress a pheasant, but am a bit afraid of making a tit of myself by asking someone who does know. Even gutting fish is a mystery to me!

Go for it.

Silas

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Silas... don't worry about making a fool of yourself asking questions.... asking how to dress game is not a dumb question at all.... there are plenty of people out there who have never done it... I'm sure if you posted you questions in the 'fair game' forum you will get plenty of answers ;-)

:lol:
Ed

martin

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
nth lincs
Silas
Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's The River Cottage Cook Book, will tell you what to do with rabbits, birds and fish. There's a lot of other good info in there too.
ISBN:0 00 220204 2

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE