Turmeric’s Healing Properties

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
I was listening to the radio the other morning (Chris Evans) and he was talking about using Turmeric as a antiseptic & blood clotting agent after cutting himself - he was instructed to dip the cut finger in the powder by the Indian cook he was with!

The guest also mentioned that there are more antioxidants in a teaspoon of turmeric than in three bunches of grapes :yikes:

Anyway i have been festering with a cold for the past few days, so last night drank a 1/2 of water with a tsp of turmeric mixed in - guess what? I felt better in the morning :) :)

It might all be psychosomatic but who cares, for more info check out this link:

http://www.turmeric.co.in/turmeric_ayurvedic_use.htm

Cheers

Morning Fox

Forager
Sep 30, 2008
Reigate
Tip: There is a reason buying the powdered form of turmeric is favoured by most people, chop the fresh root and it stains your fingers bright orange for about a week :D

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
Cayenne pepper is supposedly a very useful (and tasty) bleed-stopper, carried by the longhunters and mountain-men.

Disclaimer: I AM NOT A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL.

Ronnie

Settler
Oct 7, 2010
Highland
You can buy curcumin from health food shops. It's the main active component of turmeric, and is basically an extremely concentrated form of the spice.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Between cayenne pepper, garlic and honey you can pretty much cure anything according to various folklores.
Decent honey is getting mighty expensive though

It amazes me why the health service wastes cash on medication, give all the patients a bowl of curry and a bread and honey sarnie and send them all home, fit and cured :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE