Trying to be a full member

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wildpacker

Feb 25, 2005
UK
I thought it might be helpful to become a fully paid up member but have fallen at the first hurdle. When I tried to apply I was directed to use that anathema to a simple soul, that tool of the devil, Paypal. Now, I realise that the majority of the great unwashed use Paypal, and have used it for aeons, without problems. Sadly I'm not one of them. And if you have ever tried to contact them to correct one of their blunders you may be surprised at how difficult/impossible a resolution can be to achieve. Accordingly I have sworn on the life of my second favourite turtle never again to use Paypal.

So, cutting to the chase, is there an alternative to Paypal? Like a cheque perhaps? Some of the older readers may have heard of these although very few places nowadays seem to encourage their use.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
I use cheques everyday and have a similar disdain for Paypal, but luckily I have a wife that uses Paypal like a pilot uses a plane. It's a tool to get money from point A to point B.

If there isn't another option, maybe some kind soul with a Paypal can accept a more traditional payment from you, then pitter patter the numbers in so you get your full membership.

Saying that, the owner of the site is a good sort, so no doubt something more simple can be found in the meantime.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Message Tony and say you'd like to pay by an alternative means than paypal and he'll sort it out for you.

Bear in mind that he's extremely busy with moot preparations so it might take a little while :)

Wildpacker

Feb 25, 2005
UK
I've dropped you a PM

Thanks for that, I tried to reply but got
[h=3]The following errors occurred with your submission[/h]
  • Tony has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Anyway my PM contained nothing secret, just said that I would prefer a bank transfer.

Thanks

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE