Trowel by jury

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Or a big digging stick!!!!

:shock: :-D
Tony said:
Yeah, digging stick, unless there is a group of us and then something more substantial like a entrenching tool

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
:rolmao: :rolmao: :rolmao: :biggthump
That reminds me of a Mr Whippy joke, but its a visual one so it has to wait for a gathering
Nice one Dave
Cheers
Rich

Nod

Forager
Oct 10, 2003
Land of the Angles
I thought we were supposed to bag it and take it home with us? :shock:

You know. Leave only footprints take only memories etc etc etc.
Or are two footprints either side of a hole OK? :-?

Just joking......no more OP drills for us old boys. Shovel Recce rules apply.

I use a stick, or if it's an emergency, my dartmoor blade. Big as a shovel and I can keep my wipes in the hollow handle. :wink:

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
You could dig a whole latrine with a Dartmoor blade!!! :-D

Nod said:
I use a stick, or if it's an emergency, my dartmoor blade. Big as a shovel and I can keep my wipes in the hollow handle. :wink:

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
If you are a traveling man, i.e., you are covering a lot of ground backpacking, stopping to carve a digging stick every time you have to potty is a pain in the bottom. Carve a good one and it's a bit heavy to lug around. I still vote for the lightweight plastic trowel. I have one that is 25 years old and still going strong so they hold up, last forever, and do the deed. :-D Now if you are a sedentary sort that likes to hang out at a basecamp, that's a different story, eh? Good place to practice your woodcraft.

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
Spot on Hoodoo, that is exactly my point. Just I can't see plastic one lasting on our flinty soil.
Stuart have you found a titanium folder yet? I'm impressed, but you will fail you mission...
Cheers
Rich

ChrisKavanaugh

Need to contact Admin...
You might consider one of these, which are a popular item in many garden catalogs. Basically a spearpoint trowel, slightly concave with one serrated and one standard edge. Aside from latrine duty, a digging implement can create a depression for shoulders on a bedground, drainage in wet weather etc. Titanium is fefinitely wiz-bang, but consider such exotic materials take a trenendous amount of extraction costs and local impact. Watching a local woodland disappeer under a highway is sad enough. Packing a tool that represents several metric tonnes of earth no less :oops: Not that I'm fitted out like Oetzi, just something to ponder :-o

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
I've found a folding titanium shovel, but I've not yet found the trowel

Ortovox-Pelle-Expert.JPG

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
Stuart said:
I've found a folding titanium shovel, but I've not yet found the trowel

Ortovox-Pelle-Expert.JPG

The shovel for when you REALLY have to go! :shock:

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
:eek:): :eek:): :eek:): :eek:):

Think we might need a bigger shovel!!!

MartiniDave said:
Perhaps we should link to this shovel from the tobasco thread?
:-D :-D :-D

SquirrelBoy

Nomad
Feb 1, 2004
UK
I`ve got a black plastic trowel from a garden centre - it comes with graduated measuring marks....

.... guess you dig to a depth that is appro for your prevailing condition :lol:

TAHAWK

Nomad
Jan 9, 2004
Ohio, U.S.A.
SquirrelBoy said:
I`ve got a black plastic trowel from a garden centre - it comes with graduated measuring marks....

.... guess you dig to a depth that is appro for your prevailing condition :lol:

A good place to look. :!: There are Kevlar reinforced and carbon fibre models out there for gardeners who want light AND tough for their puttering around. Such models should stand up better to the tougher soils than our old orange plastic standards.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE