Trophy Cam Question

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
Morning folks,
i have just bought a Bushnell Trophy Cam, one of the 8mp HD ones with the old non colour screen and white IR sensors.
How sensitive are these supposed to be? i have tried setting it up quite near my bird feeders and haven't had any results yet (and yes, there are birds visiting frequently, lol).
I have tried several distances, ranging from 6 meters to 1 meter, and several sensor settings, all to no avail.
it does register, i have loads of pics of my hand and my ugly mug at all distances but it doesn't seem to like birds.
Am i being too hopeful that i'll get bird shots as they are too small or have i dodgy cam?
Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Baggins

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
Did you get anywhere with this? I suspect the problem might be the lack of IR contrast in the feild of view maybe. The camera is triggered by alterations in the passive infra red field that you set it looking at so if there's nothing for it to reference against (ie open sky or if the background is a long way from the target) then it might not trigger.

I get problems with mine not registering sometimes. It can be really annoying if it's been in place for a few weeks and hasn't worked properly. The other problem that these suffer with is corrupted SD cards. I've had cards that seem to work fine with everything else but won't record anything on the trophy cam.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE