Trekmates Flameless Cook Box?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Depending on price/availability of the heat packs. One of those could be a nifty addition to your car's winter emergancy kit
i wonder how long those heat packs store for?

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
Looks interesting but as sunndog said the question is the availability of the packs. I had an Esbit cookset (solid fuel) in my winter kit when we lived in Alaska. Fuel is easy to come by and has a shelf life of decades.

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
I was given one of these for Christmas last year
It works well and gives off enough heat to warm a travel meal or dehydrated meal to point where you have to allow the food to cool a little
Best when you know you will stop an activity in 20 mins so you can set the thing warming up before you stop. So maybe not so great for trekking unless you are able to stop for long enough for it not to be a problem.
Good piece of kit though. I'm planning on using tomorrow again actually

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
Thanks for linking this. I may get one at that price as it seems like an ideal picknick stove. I cannot think that there is anywhere you cannot use it exept a plane.

didicoy

Mar 7, 2013
fens
I've just bought a set for me as the offer of 10 free heat packs is a great deal to be had. I also bought the flask kit too. I find that food purchased ready to eat in supermarkets can be really nice and can I can save a considerable amount of money compared to convenience meals bought from cafe's, chip shops etc. thanks for the heads up.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
looks a canny bit of kit, wonder if i can wrap bacon around the heat packs

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Bump for this thread as Flameless cooking is something of interest to me.

What was the general consensus of these type of units? Anyone still using one or keeping one for use?

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Did see this self heated Japanese rescue foods video week or so ago.

Forica Foods is the company, that makes them. Did have quick look if were available in the UK, but couldn't find a source.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE