Treasure hunt @ the moot.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Cap'n Badger

Maker
Jul 18, 2006
Port o' Cardiff
Ahoy peeps........
Was discussin' the 'moot' wi' friends o' mine the other night an' the subject o' the 'treasure hunt' came into convo.
Did anyone take photos o' that event?.....not seen any posted.
There were a few cameras about as we did the walk/run/nettle dash...
If anyone has photies, can they post a few or a link t' some....as we can then see how MANY little treasure hunters actually were there at that the time..(was a little overwhelmin' aye!....thought there was only gonna be 5-10...lol).
Cheers in advance...
Cap'n.

Last edited:

Cap'n Badger

Maker
Jul 18, 2006
Port o' Cardiff
Ain't that the truth Davey.....seemed t' have fallen into the vocation o' Bushmoot Childrens entertainer lol.....But that ain't a bad thing eh?.Besides WE have the vocation already as parent entertainers ala 'The naughty corner'...lol

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I *think* there may be a couple in some of the Scottish Corner photos.
I'd just sat down to lunch, Tony came by to visit and had a seat, and then we were invaded :eek:
I reckoned there were at least 15 - 20 in that bunch. I know it wasn't all of the children, since more were around the camp who came drifting over to see what was going on.

Brave of you, I thought. From three to thirteen year olds :D

cheers,
Toddy

Cap'n Badger

Maker
Jul 18, 2006
Port o' Cardiff
It was fun Toddy....tho a hastened version o' what I had planned...lol
Went t' see Tony on the saturday , about 11:30 am.....so I could tell him I had the treasure hunt planned fer the sunday arvo....only t' be told that it was ALREADY on the board fer 1pm that day!!....arrrgh!....had t' go an' sort it quick style....but managed t' 'Blag' it...lol. Think evrybody enjoyed, tho I won't be usin' chocolate gold coins as a reward next year.....(spent an age pickin' up the rubbish!).:lmao:

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Once the ground began rumbling and the skies darkened as the hordes approached, I was too busy securing all my valuables to think about taking any photos.

Ogri the trog

Cap'n Badger

Maker
Jul 18, 2006
Port o' Cardiff
Cheers fer that Tobes.....Shows how tall the nettles were!......Didn't think when I was hidin' the 'bones'..... children tend t' be a tad smaller then I......The sounds o' OOO.....Ouch!....ARRRGH!.... echoed through the forest quite well that day..lol.

Cap'n Badger

Maker
Jul 18, 2006
Port o' Cardiff
Hehe......T'was because I gave the commodore the 'last piece' o' the puzzle......he kept them busy fer a while an' all....wouldn't give up the skull wi'out first findin' out ALL thier names....lol

Cap'n Badger

Maker
Jul 18, 2006
Port o' Cardiff
O' contre me dear.....yer gonna be WELL involved....Liked the idea ye sent me just after the moot....An' wi' the 'theme' fer next years one....should go quite well. lol...but will need a tad more plannin'.....due t' the LARGE numbers expected fer the next one.

relfy

Nomad
I was wonderin about maybe dividing them into two or even three bands, each following different sections of the trail. Then part of the challenge for them could be communicating adequately as a whole to work out the whole storyWhen they meet at the end. That would mean involving more adults to guide tho.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE