Travelling to the moot

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
I've got my ticket all booked but the problem now is how to get there.
I'm toying with the idea of driving this year (I normally take the train)
If I drive (and I'm just throwing ideas around at the moment) would anyone fancy car sharing (thus splitting the cost of the petrol)
I reckon at current fuel prices it's going to cost £150 in petrol for the round trip from Dundee to the moot and back (same cost as a train ticket incidentally)
Anyone got any thoughts on the matter?

Gailainne

Life Member
I not sure what the train or petrol cost is down to Glasgow, you know whats coming next......

Fly :D

I'm not going this year btw, I'm doing a paragliding course later in the year and need to keep 10 days for that.

Hope you enjoy it

Stephen

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
If you book early enough train prices are silly low..ie -.I am going by train from Aberystwythto Glasgoe for under £30 at the end of this month....

stooboy

Settler
Apr 30, 2008
Fife, Scotland
Graham, im thinking of taking the car down from dundee, ive got one passenger already verloc, and one non BCUK friend who is toying with the idea but will probably not come, Currently I plan to leave work at 1pm in Dundee on the Thursday and drive as far as possible and either b&b or camp somewhere. save doing mamoth journey overnight or v.early morning, not planned return route yet.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
If you book early enough train prices are silly low..ie -.I am going by train from Aberystwythto Glasgoe for under £30 at the end of this month....

I tried that, booking as far ahead as possible (on the morning of the day they released the tickets) didn't bring the price down at all. Same thing happened last year. I think it's because I have to travel on a couple of companies areas.

nomade

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 8, 2004
Sutton (Surrey, UK)
I will be arriving by train from London, will know the time of arrival when I will have my ticket which should be tonight (computer system at station had broken down so I was told to come back later, which means now immediately after writing this).

Will come back soon here with precise arrival time at Bridgend on Friday, which should be early afternoon.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE