Trangia Gas Alert.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Zodiak

Settler
Mar 6, 2006
Kent UK
Yesterday morning the crimp holding the gas feed tube to the burner on my trangia failed. The pipe came off, caught fire and I had a jet of flames coming out of the base.
Fortunatley I was no where near it at the time.
I will post photos, but if you have one please check that the crimps are solid. I found mine underneath it in three pieces, it had cracked and given up.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
I've noticed a few dodgy crimped connections on the Chinese gassies; some have been little more than a push-fit with the crimped ferrule just 'looking the part'. When I need to replace or renew a connection I use
these, which are available in various sizes and do the job admirably.

You need pincers to fit them by nipping the 'ears' together.

Last edited:

Zodiak

Settler
Mar 6, 2006
Kent UK
I've noticed a few dodgy crimped connections on the Chinese gassies; some have been little more than a push-fit with the crimped ferrule just 'looking the part'
We have 10 Trangia gas adapters. All from originals, 8 were crimped, the last two were screw connectors.
All the remaining crimps are firm, the one that failed actually split, probably due to corrosion, sadly we lost the bits when packing up.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE