'Trangia' Clikstand Group Buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

capacious

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 7, 2005
Swansea
This group buy is for the 'Clikstand' - www.clikstand.com - which is compatible with the Civilian Trangia burner, the Army Model Trangia, and the Tatonka burner (which was recently discussed to death in this thread: http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showthread.php?t=8211&highlight=clikstand ).

Scott Reiner, the manufacturer, said we can get $4 off the price of the Clikstand, or $6 off the price of the Clikstand and Windshield if there are at least 5 people interested. That makes the price $25.95 (£14.96) and $36.95 (£21.28) respectively.

Delivery is $9.

There shouldn't be any kind of customs charge or tax, as the matter has been extensively investigated.

That brings the prices to:

Clikstand: £20.64 (depending on the current exchange rates, etc.etc., and Paypal charges.)

Clikstand/Windscreen combo: £27.14 (depending on the current exchange rates, etc.etc., and Paypal charges.)

Payment HAS to be via paypal.

If there are a lot more than 5 people, then I should be able to persuade him to increase the discount.

There are no longer any UK stockists, but the retail price was around £40 as far as I can remember, so this is rather a good deal.

This thread discusses the clikstand in quite a lot of detail - http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showthread.php?t=11383&highlight=clikstand .

This is good too - http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showthread.php?t=10434&highlight=clikstand .

This is my first group buy, so anyone who has any tips for me (i.e. figuring out paypal chrages) then please, share your knowledge!

Thanks,

Jake.

capacious

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 7, 2005
Swansea
Those on the list so far, are:

CLIKSTAND

Ahjno

AJB
MagiKelly

weekend_warrior
fiacha
beamdune
Buckshot
halo
Blankfisherman
P@ul
soa_uk

W/SHIELD COMBO

bikething
grez
Wayland
swyn
scanker
Angus Og
simonsays
Graham_S

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Count me in for 1 (one) Clikstand, without windscreen please :D

Cheers, :You_Rock_
Johan

EDIT:
If you could let me know what (aprx) postage is to the Netherlands, than you would be an absolute star ;)

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
I'm still thinking about it as I like the idea, but it seems a lot of money for what you appear to get, but I'm willing to be persuaded.

IIRC paypal charge 3.4% + £0.20.

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
If you read the above posts you will know that I have one of these and really rate it.

Originally I used it with a small cup and the original windshield, as you can see from the pictures below.

click1.jpg

click3.jpg

click4.jpg

This was as a lightweight brew kit as the trangia fits perfectly inside the cup with the windshield coiled above it.

Now I tend to use it with my crusader mug

clickstand5.jpg

clickstand6.jpg

As you can see I no longer use the supplied windshield. I find the foil one (made out of an old disposable barbecue) much better. being taller it retains much more heat and improves cooking times considerably.

So what I am probably getting at is that in my opinion the windshield can be replaced easily with a cheaper (free) and more efficient option.

That said at these prices put me down for another clickstand. I have a friend that has been lusting after mine so I can put them out of their misery.

Reactions: capacious

leon-1

moduser, I think you'll find that apart from the depth of the fuel well the tatonka is prett much the same size (diameter) as the standard civilian trangia.

I haven't tried the clickstand with the military version, but believe that the fuel well has a larger diameter, I'll pick mine up from home and try it later today to let you know.

Leon:)

Grez

Forager
Apr 16, 2005
-
If I can get past my problems with paypal then you can put me down for a Clikstand/Windscreen combo.

Phil562

Settler
Jul 15, 2005
Middlesbrough
I asked Magikelly the exact same question the other day on a PM. I'm sure he won't mind me copying it into this post ;)

The Civi burner fits in it perfectly. The army version fits underneath it i believe. I have never tried it (I can when I get home if it helps) but I am sure Martyn did. If you go over to British Blades and do a search in Clickstand you should find Martyn's review of it where he tries it with both types of burner. The Tatonka steel burner also fits in it but as it is deeper it sits a little higher than the trangia burners.

Martyns post is fairly exhaustive, worth reading though :)

capacious

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 7, 2005
Swansea
scanker said:
I'm still thinking about it as I like the idea, but it seems a lot of money for what you appear to get, but I'm willing to be persuaded.

IIRC paypal charge 3.4% + £0.20.

Well, errrmmmm.....

The design makes the burner more efficient, because it has fantastic air supply, and with the right pot it is totally protected from the wind and so no heat is lost.

It might be better to order it WITHOUT the windshield, beacuse then you can make a taller one to use with any taller pots that you might have (i.e. crusader mug) or wider pots, that you wouldn't be able to use the supplied windshield with.

Persuaded yet? :p

capacious

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 7, 2005
Swansea
Scott has just got back to me on the postage:

$20 for 5 w/shield combos (£2.30 each)
$12 for 5 clikstands. (£1.38 each)

If they go direct to me. He is getting back to me on the costs if they are to be sent to indivdual addresses, so watch out for updates.

Jake.

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
If he posts them in Global Priority envelopes individually to each of us it is extremely unlikely that we will incur import duty, vat or handling fees.

I have received many items from the USA posted this way and never had duty to pay on them. I believe if the value is declared as below $36 it will not incur anything. If it is marked as a gift i believe this limit is higher. Not that I am suggesting that these are mis declared.

capacious

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 7, 2005
Swansea
I have emailed Scott regarding 'Global Priority Envelopes', so now we just have to wait and see.....

Thanks Magikelly :You_Rock_

capacious

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 7, 2005
Swansea
UPDATE:

For individual postage, it will be $9 (£5.22). This is the best way to avoid having to pay V.A.T and import duty, as the package value will be low.

That brings the total costs to $34.95 (£20.64 roughly) for the clikstand, and $45.95 (£27.14 roughly) for the combo.

There is very little chance, according to MagiKelly, that you'll all have to pay V.A.T and import duty, so it looks like posting to individual addresses is the best option.

There are 5 for the clikstand without windshield, so I'll start making arrangements for payment.

In the meantime, we need 2 more for the combo, and then we can get it moving.

Jake.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE