Trangia Burner in a Hobo Stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jonnno

Forager
Mar 19, 2009
Belfast
I have a typical hobo stove make from an Ikea cutlery drainer. I'd like to take some meths and a trangia burner for backup / ease. Can anyone think of a safe and lightweight way to raise the burner high enough up the hobo to warm a pot sitting on top?

pwb

As Wayland said use a pair of skewers.
You could also use some thick aluminium on the skewers to form a shelf which can be moved up or down.

DSC02342Small.jpg
DSC02343Small.jpg

DSC02344Small.jpg

When I use a Trangia burner I can bring the pot down to the burner which stays in the bottom of the Hobo stove.

Cheers,
Pete.

jonnno

Forager
Mar 19, 2009
Belfast
You could also use some thick aluminium on the skewers to form a shelf which can be moved up or down.

DSC02342Small.jpg
DSC02343Small.jpg

DSC02344Small.jpg

When I use a Trangia burner I can bring the pot down to the burner which stays in the bottom of the Hobo stove.

Cheers,
Pete.

I think we have a winner! Cheers.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire

DSC02342Small.jpg
DSC02343Small.jpg

DSC02344Small.jpg

Cheers,
Pete.

Inspiring:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE