Trangia Baking

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I tried this and it's very good, but......see instead of three stones ? if you're going to the bother of lugging the trangia and pots, cut down three wee tins or use the little ones that pate or cat food comes in, and use them to prop the pot upon.
Nice and even and no unexpected bangs :D
I washed out and dried the little plastic lidded granose pate tins and use them to store stuff in too so no wasted space :D
One holds the dried fruit and another the sugar and spice for my baking :D

cheers,
M

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I tried this and it's very good, but......see instead of three stones ? if you're going to the bother of lugging the trangia and pots, cut down three wee tins or use the little ones that pate or cat food comes in, and use them to prop the pot upon.
Nice and even and no unexpected bangs :D
I washed out and dried the little plastic lidded granose pate tins and use them to store stuff in too so no wasted space :D
One holds the dried fruit and another the sugar and spice for my baking :D

I've done this but used SS wire scourers instead of stones... light, small and dual purpose (but no good on non stick pans) :)

birchwood

Nomad
Sep 6, 2011
Kent
Brilliant ! Is it your setup? I would of thought the larger lap would burn dry or ruin the Ali though with nothing in there...?

I would not try that with my ali set. Tho if you look at what he is using it is a big billy can not part of Trangia set, may be stainless but can not tell

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
I've learnt my thing for today - after a bit of googling I now know what a Panzerotti is. If I'd had to guess I'd have said a German WW2 tank driving opera singer"

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE