Training Area Needed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dennis Mapletoft

Tenderfoot
Oct 23, 2005
MELTON MOWBRAY / Leics
I am looking for an area of woodland to train My Cadets, they are ATC ( Air Training Corps) and i am looking for some where in the south of Leicestershire ISH to take them for training exercises ( survival/ fieldcrafts etc), Idealy we would like a fire at nights and the usual shelters, bivvies and the like, we are a very disciplined group ( will im not some times) :lmao: Help with thier training would also be great, i dont know everything, (did i say that :) ) any ideas? Yours Den :beerchug:
if this is an the wrong place please move it

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
you have tried the airforce i assume ?

the armed forces were very helpful with that sort of stuff way back when I was a member, even ex forces members who have become landowners or farmers can be contacted through less formal channels like the rafa club (?) or the British legion

just a suggestion :)

Tant

Shadow Walker

Oct 15, 2005
Oxford
Do your cadets have a UIN (unit Identification Number)?
Are they MOD supported?

If so you can contact your local RAF, Army unit get the number off them for land booking cell, speak to them about areas. Once you have choosen a likly area, book through Training Estate management, supply them with your UIN and that the area booked.

I to look after a cadet unit, when i am not looking after real squaddies, don't know which is the worst?????? :eek:

Jason

Dennis Mapletoft

Tenderfoot
Oct 23, 2005
MELTON MOWBRAY / Leics
Thanks Tant and Shadow, we do use military land and Raf Bases but with all the aggro, over seas at the mo, it is very hit and miss, i was looking for some where less official, we use our local airbase for alsorts of interests, and they bend over backwards to help, but they can go onto alert in seconds and weeks of cadet planning then go'es up in smoke, i hate to see the disapointment in thier faces when this happens. Yours Den :beerchug:

Shadow Walker

Oct 15, 2005
Oxford
Try Yardley Chase in Northampton. Its rarely used, 3 Sq Km of woodland, 2 blocks separated by a central meadow. Loads of water in the form of old moats. There is static cadet accommodation on site, toilet facilities. Numerous buildings in the woods, which are old ammo storage sites. Its located about 5 mile of Northampton. I use this area for the cadets from time to time.

If you want i could get the booking cell number for you next weekend.

Melton is not that far from Northampton.

Or speak to Grantham TA, (i think its RLC) they have a good training area.

Jason

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE