Trail food

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
Home made flapjack when I have it (It never seems to last very long :rolleyes: ) Shop bought flapjack or Twix. Sometimes raisins or sultanas. Plenty of smokes and a bottle of drink *LOL*

Wayne... you can consider yourself completely and utterly free of any chance of a Longstrider snog if you've been climbing. Marzipan?... EEEuugh !! :lmao:

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
Monterey Peninsula, Ca., USA
I'm partial to parched corn, honey, berries, nuts, dried apricots, fresh fruit, granola, rasins and a combo mixed into a trail mix of sorts. On occassion I'll carry venison, buffalo or turkey jerky. I will sometimes have a bow with me and with luck, will kill lunch (quail or rabbit) and spice it up with pepper, sea salt, cayenne, garlic or whatever else I might happen to have in my pack at the time.

Carcajou Garou

On a new journey
Jun 7, 2004
Canada
As a trail foods, I carry salted sunflower seeds, almonds, salted peanuts; dried raisins, cranberries, apricots. I also include fresh apples, bananas and oranges in season.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Dried fruit and nuts here as well, though the mix tends to change week by week depending on what we have in the cupboards at home.

:)
Ed

tedw

Settler
Sep 3, 2003
Cambridgeshire, UK
Fruit – apple or banana – and cereal/energy (granola) bars. I always have at least one such bar in a pouch I keep on my rucksack hip belt, ready for a quick nibble while walking, climbing or whatever, along with paper tissues, SAK/Leatherman etc.

Dennis Mapletoft

Tenderfoot
Oct 23, 2005
MELTON MOWBRAY / Leics
i like a pocket full of Jerky when i go out for a while, i make my own, its quite easy, you can make it in the oven or in a de-hydrator, i have just been to Tesco and they have a reduced price bin, in it tonight was turkey breasts, so thats my jerky for the next couple of weeks, slice the breasts across the grain, and then put it in a bag with your marinade over night, then when i get up in the morning i will set the machine working and by teatime ill have loads of beautiful turkey jerky :) :beerchug: yours Den

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Its got to be lots of chocolate for me,for energy you know, (and spots). I do like to find wild food though like wood sorrel, hazel nuts and sweet chestnuts (if the squirrels have not got them first), blackberrys etc etc. That homemade flapjack sounds good too...............Jon

2blackcat

Nomad
Nov 30, 2004
bromley
Dried fruit, nuts and seeds for me

Had some mixed seeds the other day (pumpkin, sunflower, sesame etc) that had been soaked in soy sauce. They were nice

All the above if I'm on a health kick - Mars, twix, small geezers and the rest if I'm not :rolleyes:

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Snickers (Marathon) bars, the big supersized ones, and plenty of them... I'd just eat the toffee and caramel but having the nuts in there too makes me feel like I'm at least making an effort to do the right thing and eat healthy :lmao:

Quite like those Frys Cream Bars too, in peppermint or orange.

Fruit pastles are good to suck while tabbing up a hill and I'm not overt to the odd pack of Opelfruits (starbust indeed! :rolleyes: ).

Then if I'm going to stop on the trail to snack and brew up then it's a Terry's chocolet orange (whole one but without the outer packaging) and then rasberry jam filled dougnuts to dip in the coffee or hot chocolet (anyone see a pattern forming here? :confused: ).

That lot should see me though until lunch....mmmmmm hungry now....I made an apple and blackberry crumble yesterday so I'm off to eat the other half of it now...warmed and with cold Jersey double cream on it...mmmmmm :) :)

Bam. :D

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
bambodoggy said:
Snickers (Marathon) bars, the big supersized ones, and plenty of them... I'd just eat the toffee and caramel but having the nuts in there too makes me feel like I'm at least making an effort to do the right thing and eat healthy :lmao:

Quite like those Frys Cream Bars too, in peppermint or orange.

Fruit pastles are good to suck while tabbing up a hill and I'm not overt to the odd pack of Opelfruits (starbust indeed! :rolleyes: ).

Then if I'm going to stop on the trail to snack and brew up then it's a Terry's chocolet orange (whole one but without the outer packaging) and then rasberry jam filled dougnuts to dip in the coffee or hot chocolet (anyone see a pattern forming here? :confused: ).

That lot should see me though until lunch....mmmmmm hungry now....I made an apple and blackberry crumble yesterday so I'm off to eat the other half of it now...warmed and with cold Jersey double cream on it...mmmmmm :) :)

Bam. :D

:lmao: Howz ya teeth :lmao:

andyn

Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
LOL...sounds like Bam has as sweet a tooth as I do. I was pretty much banned from eating fruit pastiles (although swmbo cant see what i buy when im at work :lmao:) as i get through a whole tube in just a few minutes. :D

Yum.

Strangley through I havent got any teeth problems and no fillings.

AlexRowan

Tenderfoot
Sep 9, 2005
Somerset
Not that I've tried it as a trail food yet but I will be!! Tried it for the first time on monday and have eaten almost two packs of it now! haha.. It's awesome..

Will have a go at making my own but not so sure about leaving the oven on all night......

Oh and for the trail...it's "gotta be a snickers"

NickBristol

Forager
Feb 17, 2004
Bristol, UK
macadamia nuts are the best but damned pricey :(

salted peanuts mixed with chocolate chips are lovely till the choc chips melt in your pocket. I get funny looks for licking the plastic bag to get the choc off...

quite like a pepperami or two as a snack now and then. Prefer to cut them up to go in with noodles for lunch tho.

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
clipper said:
:lmao: Howz ya teeth :lmao:

Lol....not too bad thanks Matey....but then again even if I did loose them all..out of all the stuff I like it'd only be the peanuts that wouldn't melt in the mouth anyway! lol :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I do understand it's not the right thing to eat and I should know better...but I'm affraid when it's a choice between a supersized snickers or a bag of dry musli at the end of a cold winters day....well, the snickers dips in the coffee better lol :rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE