Tracking Boots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Some of you may remember that I won some tracking boots back in November. Well they have now arrived so I thought I would share my comments with you.

They are made from grizzly bear leather, lined with deer hide. I have worn a fair few pairs of boots and I can say without a doubt that these are the most comfortable I've ever had. They have a very traditonal and moccasin feel to them which I love, they are also very easy to move with and a joy to wear.

I haven't had a chance to test them out in the field but I will get out with them soon and let you know how they are. After I have used them for a while I will look into a review.

Here is a picture of the boots:
100_1873.jpg

and here is a picture of the flat soles, perfect for tracking I imagine.
100_1874.jpg

All the best,
Scott.

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Hi Tom, there is a company name on the inside of the boots but I can't make it out at the moment I'll let you know when my eyes aren't as tired!

Swampy Matt

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 19, 2004
Midlands
Stuart said:
I believe that those Moccasin's are designed and manufactured exclusively for Bushcraft expeditions and not available direct from the manufacturer.

There is a Link on the Quoddy Trail site to there online shop where they sell the Grizzly Boots, so they are available direct from manufacturer.

Swampy Matt

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 19, 2004
Midlands
And there a hell of a lot cheaper than Catskill Mountain Moccasins (or most of the other moc makes I've seen) at a $170.

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
ScottC said:
Some of you may remember that I won some tracking boots back in November. Well they have now arrived so I thought I would share my comments with you.

They are made from grizzly bear leather, lined with deer hide. I have worn a fair few pairs of boots and I can say without a doubt that these are the most comfortable I've ever had. They have a very traditonal and moccasin feel to them which I love, they are also very easy to move with and a joy to wear.

I haven't had a chance to test them out in the field but I will get out with them soon and let you know how they are. After I have used them for a while I will look into a review.

Here is a picture of the boots:
100_1873.jpg

and here is a picture of the flat soles, perfect for tracking I imagine.
100_1874.jpg

All the best,
Scott.

Nowhere near as 'cool' as your grizzly bear leather ones but these, available for Cabela's, are a good tracking/stalking boot at $44. You could though just use a pair of Convers basketball boots as I did for years before finding what Cabela's once called their "Turkey Stalking Boot".

Enjoy your prize - they really do look the part.

Cheers

Siletstalker.jpg
[/IMG]

bothyman

Settler
Nov 19, 2003
Sutherland. Scotland.
Klenchblaize said:
but these, available for Cabela's, are a good tracking/stalking boot at $44. You could though just use a pair of Convers basketball boots as I did for years before finding what Cabela's once called their "Turkey Stalking Boot".

Now I like those sort of a Cammo Baseball Boot .
But I seem to be inbetween sizes (as usual) if there was someplace to try a pair for size I would be very interested.
Its a long way to send for them only to discover they are the wrong size I usually take a 43 / 9 but they don't have half sizes which is what I would need according to their size chart.

Oh well

MickT

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
bothyman said:
But I seem to be inbetween sizes (as usual) if there was someplace to try a pair for size I would be very interested.
Its a long way to send for them only to discover they are the wrong size I usually take a 43 / 9 but they don't have half sizes which is what I would need according to their size chart.

Oh well

MickT

I'm a UK 9 so whatever size I specified works for me. I'll check the number printed inside the boot and let you know Monday. I don't go near a computer at the weekend!

With a bit of luck your order might escape "Import Duty" but don't bank on it! I do not know of a UK importer.

Cheers

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
bothyman said:

Oh well

MickT

And remember they're likely to be US Sizes which are different!

bothyman

Settler
Nov 19, 2003
Sutherland. Scotland.
ilovemybed said:
And remember they're likely to be US Sizes which are different!

That's the problem the American sizes are different I have a pair of LL Bean Maine Hunting Boots they are American size 9 (got them off Ebay), it turned out they fit with a couple of pairs of socks which is what I wanted .
But that was more luck than judgement. :rolleyes:

MickT

bothyman

Settler
Nov 19, 2003
Sutherland. Scotland.
Klenchblaize said:
I'm a UK 9 so whatever size I specified works for me. I'll check the number printed inside the boot and let you know Monday. I don't go near a computer at the weekend!

With a bit of luck your order might escape "Import Duty" but don't bank on it! I do not know of a UK importer.

Cheers

Thanks K

That would be much appreciated

MickT

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE