Tracking Book

Rod

On a new journey
Just got hold of a copy of Ian "Max" Maxwell's new book

Animal Tracks: ID & Techniques

available from Shadowhawk: info@shadowhawk.com £12.50GBP

This is one of the most down to earth field guides I have come across. Clear pics and sketches of tracks/scat. Habit info on mammals you can expect to come across in the UK. Max's writing style is easy to follow and his knowledge and enthusiasm for his subject shines through. I used this extensively over last weekend and found it very helpful. A handy size to fit into a cargo pocket or knapsac too.

hope this helps

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
No doubt this'll earn me a beasting from Max next time he sees me, but in the interests of fairness I have to point out that you can get new copies from the new & used section of amazon for £6.46 +p&p. I used Aphrohead books on the list and it arrived next day.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-li...74235?ie=UTF8&s=gateway&qid=1176980284&sr=8-1

I echo what Rod said - it's an excellent book, with loads of little tips and bits of animal info. It also includes domestic animals, which i've never seen in a tracking guide before. Fits in a cargo pocket. Definitely worth getting a copy if you haven't already. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE