Trackers meetup

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 27, 2008
Cambridge
Hi,

Thinking about organising a meetup for tracking. Like a skills swap, even beginners can come along.

It would be a great way to meet other people who are into tracking and swap skills. Books and field time can get you so far, but I think learning from others has its place to. Beginners could learn from the more experienced, which brings a faster learning curve for them too.

I am based in Cambridge and have permission on land. Also, I know of a few other places that would be suitable. I just want to dip the water and see whose interested, willing to travel and get stuck in. I am not asking payment or anything as it will be skill swapping. Participants need to meet their own costs e.g. petrol, food, etc.

Who would be interested in this?

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
I'd be very interested. Would need dates before confirmation. Also is there a place to camp, need to be out n about early.

Feb 27, 2008
Cambridge
I'd be very interested. Would need dates before confirmation. Also is there a place to camp, need to be out n about early.
We can either go to a place I have permission which has woods and lakes. Camping ok
Or, go to other woods I don't have camping permission for but more, easier sign.
Depending on responses and peoples needs.

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
I'm game for either. C'mon people share the knowledge, let's meet!
We can either go to a place I have permission which has woods and lakes. Camping ok
Or, go to other woods I don't have camping permission for but more, easier sign.
Depending on responses and peoples needs.

Mar 15, 2011
on the heather
I would love to go to your tracking meet but 600 miles from here (10 miles SW of John o Groat's) Cambridge is just a bit to far for me Leigh , but you never know if I find myself in the area, anyway all the best with your tracking day.

Last edited:

MarvTommo

Forager
Feb 2, 2014
Sittingbourne
I live in Kent, this sounds great and would travel to go but we have a local meetup already in the diary so not this time. I will sub on here for future though. Hope it goes well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 27, 2008
Cambridge
Hi,

People seem pretty interested in Tracking and I am at a stage where I want to skill share. There isn't really any events organised so I have got myself sorted and put dates forward:

Mammal Tracks and Signs - Meetup, Saturday, March 29, 2014, 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
http://www.meetup.com/Cambridgeshire-Bushcraft/

All Welcome, new to animal tracking and all levels of experience. Stay a few hours or stay the whole day.

Location 1

Burghley House Stamford, Lincolnshire PE9 3JY

Burghley House has probably one of the best Fallow deer parks in the country. This makes it one of the easiest environments to study tracks, sign and behaviour.

Location 2
Bedford Purlieus, Wansford, Peterborough.

Taking your new skills to the woods, the real tracking begins. Bedford Purlieus has a good number of Fallow deer providing a good chance of sightings. Track the deer through the woods and lookout for other signs like Badger and Fox.

If your a beginner it is a great introduction. For the more experienced it's chance to get some more dirt time and skill share.

There is no cost for this meeting.

I have just started the meetup group and it is collecting members quite quickly. It's a great way to meet like minded people and learn from each other. So please come along and enjoy the fun!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE